Devout Mormon, Bryce Harper, Nude Photo Shoot.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Devout Mormon, Bryce Harper, Nude Photo Shoot.

Post by _I have a question »

MLB star and devout Mormon Bryce Harper doesn't drink, but he has no problem baring his body for ESPN The Magazine's Body Issue.

VIDEO: Athletes Pose Naked for ESPN The Magazine's Body Issue

"I can't believe I'm doing this," the 22-year-old Washington Nationals outfielder said on the set of his nude photo shoot.

Harper says he's at about eight percent body fat thanks to his workout regimen, which might not be as strict as you think.

"When I work out I eat six meals a day," Bryce said. "I don't care what nobody says, as much as they stay on track they still eat ice cream and donuts. I love ice cream. I love donuts."

His sweet tooth hasn't affected his physique as the lean MLB all-star reported to spring training this year as light as he'd been since college.

http://www.etonline.com/news/167301_dev ... oto_shoot/

A breach of temple covenants or not?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_achilles
_Emeritus

Re: Devout Mormon, Bryce Harper, Nude Photo Shoot.

Post by _achilles »

Ooo...He's looking fine....I'll take me some Michael Phelps, too... :evil:
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

It's okay because he is a man. Everyone knows that it is only bad when women do it.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

just me wrote:It's okay because he is a man. Everyone knows that it is only bad when women do it.

The same as showing nipples here...

by the way the link is NSFW, because the video starts without demand
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_hobo1512
_Emeritus

Post by _hobo1512 »

Remember the guy that did those shirtless missionary calendars?

Didn't they Ex that guy from BYU right before graduation, and withhold his diploma?

If I remember correctly, those guys were just shirtless.

Is it a double standard because this guy is making bigger bucks?
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

I have a question wrote:A breach of temple covenants or not?

No - I'm pretty sure that eating donuts is still OK by temple covenant standards. : )
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Tattoo. That's all I'm sayin'
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

hobo1512 wrote:Remember the guy that did those shirtless missionary calendars?

Didn't they Ex that guy from BYU right before graduation, and withhold his diploma?

If I remember correctly, those guys were just shirtless.

Is it a double standard because this guy is making bigger bucks?

Bigger bucks and bigger public profile = more the Brethren turn a blind eye towards the person's indiscretions and even putting them on a pedestal for the rest of Mormanity to adulate.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

He's not totally nude. You don't get to see the money shot. Believe me, I looked.

Even so, if the church were fair in their treatment of people, he should get in trouble.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_LDSToronto
_Emeritus

Post by _LDSToronto »

BB is right - Mormons only freak out when it's lady nipples showing. Though the ink is an added bonus.

I think it's great when devout Mormons show off their bodies and display their body art, because it shows other devout Mormon teens that it's OK to get tattoos, grow beards, get nipple piercings, shave your body hair, masturbate, etc etc etc...

H.
"Others cannot endure their own littleness unless they can translate it into meaningfulness on the largest possible level."
~ Ernest Becker
"Whether you think of it as heavenly or as earthly, if you love life immortality is no consolation for death."
~ Simone de Beauvoir