Tent Cities Again...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Tent Cities Again...

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

(Sigh...). Another weirdo on LDSFF bearing his testimony of tent cities.  

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... =2&t=39566

Tent cities?!? Yes, tent cities.

Any chance of church-sponsored tent cities - if ever there was a chance - went down the crapper for all time once the Prophet cut the tape at City Creek and said, "Let's go shopping!"

If Denver Snuffer wants to gain about 70,000 hard-core converts to his movement, all he has to do is figure out a way to organize a tent city mobilization. These people on LDSFF, who come across as believers in scriptural literacy, prophetic inerrancy, etc., would bail on Salt Lake in half a heartbeat if the Snuffer-Man declared a tent city movement.

In any case, t-minus 15 months until Julie Rowe is proven to be a false prophetess.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Re: Tent Cities Again...

Post by _sunstoned »

The first line of the first post:

My family has been blessed with conformations on the tent cities that they are true.

How do grown a$$ people get this screwed up? Never mind, I know. What a wonderful legacy Joseph Smith left us.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

sunstoned wrote:The first line of the first post:

My family has been blessed with conformations on the tent cities that they are true.

How do grown a$$ people get this screwed up? Never mind, I know. What a wonderful legacy Joseph Smith left us.

I like the guy who was inspired by the tent story and apparently the future almost total lack of power for lights and felt the Spirit enough to order....
100 tealights. from Amazon.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:(Sigh...). Another weirdo on LDSFF bearing his testimony of tent cities.  

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... =2&t=39566

Tent cities?!? Yes, tent cities.

Any chance of church-sponsored tent cities - if ever there was a chance - went down the crapper for all time once the Prophet cut the tape at City Creek and said, "Let's go shopping!"

If Denver Snuffer wants to gain about 70,000 hard-core converts to his movement, all he has to do is figure out a way to organize a tent city mobilization. These people on LDSFF, who come across as believers in scriptural literacy, prophetic inerrancy, etc., would bail on Salt Lake in half a heartbeat if the Snuffer-Man declared a tent city movement.

In any case, t-minus 15 months until Julie Rowe is proven to be a false prophetess.

The time is very short that we have to prepare after I awoke I had the impression that it wouldn't be a year but a matter of months! That was about 4 months ago I feel it will happen in or around early spring. PREPARE NOW.

*Cuckoo*
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

With all these dreams of tents lately, I can't help but wonder if the camping gear dealers are using subliminal advertising on this forum...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Molok
_Emeritus

Post by _Molok »

I would advise those mocking or taking away from the value of this post to quickly reconsider I have received an unmistakable prompting to share it on here if your not here to add to the conversation don't comment at all.

This guy's serious.
_annie
_Emeritus

Post by _annie »

That thread is one of the most bat-shit crazy things I have ever read. My true-believing, Mormon family would also find it completely bonkers.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

OK, I wish I hadn't seen that. Wow, that is just crazy crap, isn't it?
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

I've been having recurring snowboarding dreams. I take it as a sign that a massive earthquake is going to occur here in central Texas, push up a 17k foot tall peak, enabling me to enjoy my winter recreation come November. As evidenced by the blood moon tetrad. You have all been warned. He who has eyes....... will buy winter wear and snowboarding gear...... oh and stock in lift engineering companies.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Within the next month, I will be buying another year of food storage accordingly, as well as feminine hygiene products. Also, (laugh at me if you want, but I'm doing it anyway), personal items necessary for married life in a crisis.

You can't make it up.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.