Pahoran Slips Up

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Re: Pahoran Slips Up

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

Rusty is a lying pile of poop; he always has been and he always will be. I've read the book and loved it.
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_Kittens_and_Jesus
_Emeritus

Post by _Kittens_and_Jesus »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Pahoran wrote:Tolkein

Unforgivable.

[nerdrage].... there is no /nerdrage for this one. My nerdrage will forever burn against him.
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. - O'Sensei
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

From the thread title, I was hoping for a slip like when sock puppet and I baited him with a story about the new (at the time) Jesus mall and a reduction of required tithing from people along the Wasatch Front so they could spend it at the mall if I remember right.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Unlike Pahoran, I read every word of Runtu's book. And when it comes to firing the cook, Runtu made it perfectly clear that the reason she was fired was because she was charging much-higher-than-market prices for the food, but buying the lowest-quality foodstuffs she could find and pocketing the difference.

Illiteracy had absolutely nothing to do with it whatsoever. In fact, I don't recall Runtu ever mentioning whether she was or wasn't literate in the first place.

Even if he had (which I doubt), illiterate people the world over have been cooking for many, many generations. Illiterate people are also perfectly capable of running a scam. So, again, her literacy or lack thereof had no bearing whatsoever on the reason she was fired. . . which Pahoran would've known had he actually read the book.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Dr. Shades wrote:Unlike Pahoran, I read every word of Runtu's book. And when it comes to firing the cook, Runtu made it perfectly clear that the reason she was fired was because she was charging much-higher-than-market prices for the food, but buying the lowest-quality foodstuffs she could find and pocketing the difference.

Illiteracy had absolutely nothing to do with it whatsoever. In fact, I don't recall Runtu ever mentioning whether she was or wasn't literate in the first place.

Even if he had (which I doubt), illiterate people the world over have been cooking for many, many generations. Illiterate people are also perfectly capable of running a scam. So, again, her literacy or lack thereof had no bearing whatsoever on the reason she was fired. . . which Pahoran would've known had he actually read the book.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but in Pahoran's defense, I did write that, after the "meat meringue pie" incident, "It was time to get a new cook." But that was not the reason. We tried to work with her to improve the safety and quality of the food, but she refused. As you note, we engaged the new cook when we discovered that we were being grossly overcharged (this was the first area for both of us) and that much better food was available for much lower prices. We had asked for such simple things as chicken and any kind of vegetables, which she said were unavailable in the local market. We were invited to dinner at a member family's house, where they served us chicken and fresh vegetables. The lady laughed when I expressed amazement that she'd been able to find such rare items. We were being fed nothing but unsafe meat and potatoes every day for months until we got the new cook. Maybe Pahoran thinks losing 30 lbs in 2 months is just having a pampered tummy, but it wasn't safe.

In short, we were being gouged and lied to, and we were suffering ill health because of it. Either Pahoran didn't read the whole book, or he chose to lie about what happened.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Rollo Tomasi wrote:Rusty is a lying pile of poop; he always has been and he always will be.

Yes, yes he is.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Pahoran, you're reading this.

I know, Jesus knows, and both of us know you know we know.

So how about an apology to Runtu?

On account of you being a follower of Jesus, and all?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Chap wrote:Pahoran, you're reading this.

He just might do it because it might give some of us a heart attack. With that said it would be a decent thing to do and I would welcome it.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_pashaman
_Emeritus

Post by _pashaman »

Chap wrote:Pahoran, you're reading this.

Of course he's read this thread. He's an egomaniac. Good thing he's so stupid. It's the smart ones you need to worry about.
I don't always troll, but when I do, I troll the trolls.

┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
_Chuck Finley
_Emeritus

Post by _Chuck Finley »

Ceeboo wrote:Hey Runtu! :smile:

for what it's worth - I very much enjoyed your book!

(And I didn't read it either) :lol:

Peace,
Ceeboo

I literally laughed oil loud at your remark. Just wanted to offer a commendation as I passed through!
Proud to be the first of the "February Four" expelled from the Ceebooist branch of NeverMormonism.