Julie Rowe writes another book

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_suniluni2
_Emeritus

Re: Julie Rowe writes another book

Post by _suniluni2 »

signal2noise wrote:
suniluni2 wrote:
Why can't you believe hers? If you can believe others, that might give you an inkling as to how others could believe her.

There's also been talk that what she had wasn't an NDE, but rather she is bi-polar and had a manic episode that required her hospitalization.

Could've been both.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

suniluni2 wrote:
Could've been both.

Have you read her books or do you know anything more about her than what has been posted on this board?

You seem to have a vested interest in her NDE's being actual events.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_suniluni2
_Emeritus

Post by _suniluni2 »

just me wrote:
suniluni2 wrote:
Could've been both.

Have you read her books or do you know anything more about her than what has been posted on this board?

You seem to have a vested interest in her NDE's being actual events.

Haven't read her books. I only know what's been posted here, or some of what's been linked here, like her blog I think it was. I have no vested interest in her or her nde. I'm just pointing out that it could've been both. Feel free to share any relevant information though.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

suniluni2 wrote:
Haven't read her books. I only know what's been posted here, or some of what's been linked here, like her blog I think it was. I have no vested interest in her or her nde. I'm just pointing out that it could've been both. Feel free to share any relevant information though.

I don't have any. I was just curious where you were coming from because your comments led me to believe you had reason to believe her NDE's were actual events.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_suniluni2
_Emeritus

Post by _suniluni2 »

just me wrote:
suniluni2 wrote:

I don't have any. I was just curious where you were coming from because your comments led me to believe you had reason to believe her NDE's were actual events.

My comments were in the context of questioning someone else who seemed to believe others' nde's but not rowe's. I just want to know what makes one person's nde more believable than another's. I believe they're all bs.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

I admit when I was younger I was taken in by the story of Dannion Brinkley. :redface: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/319 ... _the_Light

I was very disappointed to find out that he had changed his story about what he was supposedly shown about the future. He sure made a lot of money off of his books and movie.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_James or Not
_Emeritus

Post by _James or Not »

grindael wrote:I admit when I was younger I was taken in by the story of Dannion Brinkley. :redface: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/319 ... _the_Light

I was very disappointed to find out that he had changed his story about what he was supposedly shown about the future. He sure made a lot of money off of his books and movie.

No need for redface, we've all had our turns getting excited/impressed/scared/whatever it is that floods our systems hearing OMG stories. Even now I once in a great while kinda almost hope to find out one was based in reality, but I'm ALWAYS disappointed. Perhaps I'm growing too comfortable in my skepticism but it keeps being rewarded.
Next time the bully demands your lunch money tell him you left it on his mother's dresser.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

James or Not wrote:
grindael wrote:I admit when I was younger I was taken in by the story of Dannion Brinkley. :redface: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/319 ... _the_Light

No need for redface, we've all had our turns getting excited/impressed/scared/whatever it is that floods our systems hearing OMG stories. Even now I once in a great while kinda almost hope to find out one was based in reality, but I'm ALWAYS disappointed. Perhaps I'm growing too comfortable in my skepticism but it keeps being rewarded.

I admit when I was younger I was taken in by the story of JSJr. Perhaps I'm growing too comfortable in my skepticism but it keeps being rewarded.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

That people are falling for Julie Rowe's 'material' should give one pause about humanity's ability to discern truth from trash based purely on feelings...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_annie
_Emeritus

Post by _annie »

I assumed Rowe's slightly quieter approach of late meant she had listened to the brethren's criticism and was going to tone things down a bit. Her announcement of a third book, especially the part about shouting her message from the rooftops, seemed to be inviting the church to 'bring it on.'

Yesterday she offered some additional information, pasted below.

Ok. As many of you know, for the most part I have stayed off of the internet as far as Facebook and other social media so as not to subject myself to the awful things people have and are saying about me.

I am not going to attempt to chase down every lie and false accusation that has or will be made, however I want to clarify a few things.

1) I have never made a single penny off of any tent or other emergency supply item.
2) I have never talked to anyone in any of the emergency supply stores or elsewhere regarding any of this.
3) I have never made any predictions on dates.
4) I have never said anything publicly about the meaning or significance of the Shemitah, the Lunar Eclipse, or several other things which I have been accused of such as personal finances, specifics on how and when to spend ones money, cashing in 401K’s or other investments, and several other aspects as they relate to events which have, are or will unfold in the coming days.
5) I have never ever even once talked about the world coming to an end.
6) I have never said that everyone needs to go out and buy specific things – including a tent.
7) The few energy healing calls I helped with were not sponsored by me, they were not set up by me, they were not conducted by me. I am friends with Spencer Watson and I have been contacted by so many people asking for help that I wanted to help provide an opportunity for people to experience a basic session for much less than it would have cost them to have a private session. I have never even seen the sign up list, any of the paperwork and have never had anything to do with seeing any of the participant names, let alone anything else about them.
8) I have never had any talks with any church leaders regarding my books, story, speaking engagements or any other work I have been involved in or with which in any way have led to any action on their part in asking, suggesting or otherwise “demanding” that I cease to participate or engage in any activities of which I have been a part. Each and every action I have taken has been of my own accord based on what I have been told, shown and have felt that I needed to do.
9) I have been in constant communication with each of my church leaders every step of the way and have had open and honest communication. I have never been “reprimanded” privately or publicly by them. I have had communication from those who have stewardship over me and they have been very kind and very loving. At times I have had conversations with a few who have been unaware of me and my message and have learned about me through false reports etc. I have greatly appreciated the opportunities I have had to visit with these individuals and personally give them a copy of at least the first book, if not both books.
10) I have a great desire to love and serve and to help as I can. This is my motive. No other.
11) I have not and am not making tons of money like so many have claimed, and while I do not need to explain or report or in any way answer to anyone else about what I have or have not made or what I have or have not done with the money I have earned from writing the books – I also have absolutely nothing to hide.
12) I will tell you exactly what I have and am and will do with the money from book sales. I have bought food. I have bought gloves. I have bought water filtration and purification items. I have bought coats. I have bought survival gear. I have bought shoes. I have bought backpacks. I have bought sleeping bags. I have purchased items for me and my family for time of need – but most of the money has been spent on traveling to speak and to serve and to buy these emergency and survival items for a future time when I know I am going to need to be able to give them to others. In fact, I have bought food and other items that will one day feed some of the very people who are and have been so critical and angry about this message.
13) I have never made a single penny off of traveling to speak.
14) I have never charged for a speaking engagement.
15) I have not and do not and will not charge people to sign up for my emails so I can charge them money and “tell them the future”
16) I do not practice priest craft
17) I actually have had hundreds of people ask me to help them and work on them in a healing capacity and I have referred them to other practitioners – for free – gaining nothing monetarily myself for those referrals – in an effort to help them. Although there is nothing wrong with a practitioner earning money for this work, I have been given a different mission and with the exception of a few sessions, have actually never made any money off of any work I have done in that area. I am to help spread the word to help people heal and the work I have done and will do is in a service capacity.
18) I have been asked and invited to speak all over the world for over a year and half now. I have chosen to travel only to those places I felt prompted to go to in order to fulfill the purposes of a greater vision. The Greater Tomorrow Relief Fund is a non-profit organization we have started here in the United States in behalf of the less fortunate and those who have or will be displaced in times of turmoil, upheaval and disaster.
19) The third book is scheduled for release in February 2016. It will be a compilation of the first two books and is going to have audio as well as a Spanish version. This book is a basic message to go abroad nationally and internationally to the general population without an LDS focus. The Lord loves all of His children and this is a message which has been intended for a broader audience.
20) The Greater Tomorrow Relief Fund has been created and designed to help individuals, families and children all over the United States. The places I traveled were and are and will be significant in their scope and location and as the Lord directs us we will be distributing items at various locations across the country.

Since there are so many that seem to be so interested in spreading lies about me and this message, it would be great if the media decided they actually wanted to take what I have actually written and said from a true source – like my own website – rather than deciding to write dishonest and misleading articles etc with made up information and articles and news stories written by those who have never ever read my books, listened to my radio interviews, or attended an event themselves.

I have finished traveling and speaking publicly in the event venue setting. I am standing by that. I have never said I was done traveling for good – anywhere – ever. That is a misunderstanding – false statement construed by someone else. I have said I was done traveling and speaking as of July 2015 with Rexburg being my last event. In front of a live crowd. I have a message to share and I am going to share it. I have a message to share and I am ready and able and willing to shout it from the rooftops when I need to. I have a message to share and I am ready and able and willing to share it no matter what – because I know what I know and I have a mission to accomplish. Nothing – no one – will get in the way of that because I have the Lord on my side. I know who I work for and because of that, I am and have been and will continue to be willing to put myself out there in the public eye for people to laugh at, judge, name call, accuse, hate, spew, threaten, demean, and fear because I have absolute knowledge and certainty and understanding that I have accepted this.

I am writing this third book and working on The Greater Tomorrow Relief Fund because I have a desire to help and serve. I really thought I was only writing two books. That is what I thought. The Lord doesn’t give us more than we can handle, when we can handle it. There is no way I could have or would have accepted an invitation to write a third book were it not for my absolute knowledge and understanding that I am to do so. No amount of money is worth going through what I have gone through, what I will go through, what my family has gone through, what we will yet go through . Everything from the privacy and safety concerns to the persecution that has and will come.

The reason I am writing a third book is because I was shown very clearly over the course of the past several weeks that there was more that has to happen and ways I can help. As we get clarity and then have absolute knowledge and undeniable understanding that the spirit has spoken to us, I have learned that there is only one direction to go. Forward. So I have accepted.

Points 8 and 9 appear to be contradictory.

"what I have gone through, what I will go through, what my family has gone through, what we will yet go through" - nice allusion to the 9th Article of Faith for Mormon readers.