Member loses recommend for speaking against policy

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sammy Jankins
_Emeritus

Member loses recommend for speaking against policy

Post by _Sammy Jankins »

Judged "UNWORTHY" to Serve

In the days that followed and the policy was verified, she was asked to discuss her feelings about it on a UPR program because they knew her from previous discussions. She explained that she was no longer on the steering committee for MBB, but if they still wanted her, she would be happy to come in. There were three guests being interviewed with various backgrounds and respectful and varying opinions. Doree was honest about her feelings about the policy, that she saw no part of God’s hand or God’s love in this policy.
As she met with President Maughan and her bishop, Pres. Maughan told her he’d listened to the program 4-5 times and wondered if he should play it for her to listen to. She’d told him no, that she knew what she’d said and she stood by it. After she tried to convey her purpose and share some of her memorable experiences, she was excused while they deliberated. By this time, Pat sent her a text asking if he should come and she told him yes. They were called into the office together. Because this was a calling for a couple both were released from their callings as co-presidents of the special needs adult mutual, effective immediately, without regard to the very special needs of adults who get very attached, who don’t do well with change, who had been working hard on a Christmas program; without regards to the other stake president who was working directly with Pat and Doree. Released from a calling they both loved and were exceptionally good at. Released and deemed unworthy to serve because Doree had the courage and honesty to publicly state her opinion. Doree was asked relinquish her temple recommend. Then Pat opened up his wallet and pushed his across the table, but was told that he could keep it. “No, we’re in this together. You take mine as well,” Pat said.
_annie
_Emeritus

Re: Member loses recommend for speaking against policy

Post by _annie »

Bloody hell.

What an awful thing to do to those young people with special needs (never mind Doree and Pat).

I know loads of members who disagree with this policy. I guess they'd better keep quiet, or else.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Post by _Tobin »

You can be as loud as you want about it. The lesson here is just don't be complete idiot by using your real identity.
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

North Korea
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

The Purge is to cull out those with integrity from the Mormon herd of subservient blind followers of the Brethren.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

sock puppet wrote:The Purge is to cull out those with integrity from the Mormon herd of subservient blind followers of the Brethren.

Lose the goats, keep the wolves. :confused:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

I have a question wrote:North Korea

I used to write many parallels with The Only True.

I know both of them.
And I don't exult to be true.
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei