Glenn Beck condemns Oregon Protest by Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_tapirrider
_Emeritus

Re: Glenn Beck condemns Oregon Protest by Mormon

Post by _tapirrider »

ldsfaqs wrote:Tish.... you don't get it.

Lemmie has a mental disorder and every single word I utter that states something he wants me to prove it.
Nobody on the planet has that sort of time.
And again, I'm researching things you people say every single day.... so, if I can do it why can't he?
More so, I'm ALWAYS providing the evidences for various things in the forms of links, videos, articles, pictures/charts, etc., yet you all conveniently ignore that.

So, all this is is a petty personal attack by Lemmie, and you all just allow it.

ldsfaqs, how in the “F” do you get away with saying another poster has a mental disorder? Or labeling us as bigots? Your BS is beyond tiresome. Go “F” yourself you goddamn asshole. Tapir rider signing off.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

I don't suppose anyone would actually like to discuss the OP, instead of the tangent?
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

harmony wrote:I don't suppose anyone would actually like to discuss the OP, instead of the tangent?

Haven't you kept up? All threads are about LDSfaqs. :rolleyes:
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

harmony wrote:I don't suppose anyone would actually like to discuss the OP, instead of the tangent?

Well most criticism that can be leveled at one applies to the other as well, so in a sense we are.

:lol:
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

Res Ipsa wrote:

Haven't you kept up? All threads are about LDSfaqs. :rolleyes:

Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

faqs wrote:Not that I can recall....
I have been "wrong" a couple of times in some discussions on this forum of some "fact" or mistatment by me, etc.

So you're wrong less often about LDS doctrine than the prophets, seers, and revelators of the Church?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ldsfaqs wrote:I'm only in "apostasy" if I'm breaking doctrines......

A press release is not "doctrine".
The doctrines of God override personal opinions of individuals in the church.
I can't be in apostasy for the private uninformed opinions of someone in church leadership.
I can only be in apostasy for breaking actual doctrines of the church.

It appears that faqs believes that forcibly occupying public land and then squatting on it under objection of the locals and in violation of the law is God's contemporary will and desire.
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

ldsfaqs wrote:I'm only in "apostasy" if I'm breaking doctrines......

A press release is not "doctrine".
The doctrines of God override personal opinions of individuals in the church.
I can't be in apostasy for the private uninformed opinions of someone in church leadership.
I can only be in apostasy for breaking actual doctrines of the church.
Fine... lets jump on this merry-go-round...

So you enjoy cold coffee and tea? Warm chocolate instead of HOT chocolate???

Do you keep your mouth closed while taking a hot shower? You must not allow the hot liquid to pass down your throat!
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

MissTish wrote:For starters, Lemmie is a woman. If you bothered to actually read her posts you might know that. I think you may be confusing her with the recently deceased Lemmy, who was a man.

A homage for Lemmie/Lemmy...

- Motorhead fans campaign for newly discovered element to be called ‘Lemmium’ -

- [#img] http://icdn8.digitaltrends.com/image/lemmy-640x0.jpg[/img] -
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

ludwigm wrote:
MissTish wrote:For starters, Lemmie is a woman. If you bothered to actually read her posts you might know that. I think you may be confusing her with the recently deceased Lemmy, who was a man.

A homage for Lemmie/Lemmy...

- Motorhead fans campaign for newly discovered element to be called ‘Lemmium’ -

- Image -
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."