The worst type of Mormon...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

The worst type of Mormon...

Post by _Sanctorian »

..is the one that still believes after knowing the truth.

I understand staying for social and families issues just waiting for your chance to exit. I understand believing what the church teaches you growing up not knowing anything else. I understand converting based on the missionary discussions. I understand wanting to be a part of a community.

What I can't understand is someone that believes and to an extent defends those beliefs AFTER knowing the truth. The truth destroys any claims of the church being Gods church and discredits Joe that any reasonable human being KNOWS without a shadow of doubt it's all BS. Those Mormons that still belief in some form of those claims and try to defend or teach those false claims after knowing the truth are dishonest with themselves and humanity.

I don't like dishonest people. I don't like those Mormons. All others types of Mormons I can respect.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Re: The worst type of Mormon...

Post by _Tobin »

I don't get it?!?

So if a Mormon knows Mormonism is the truth, that makes them the worst type of Mormon?!?
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Tobin wrote:I don't get it?!?

So if a Mormon knows Mormonism is the truth, that makes them the worst type of Mormon?!?

I don't think you understand what he is saying or it's by design. Look at the second sentence of the second paragraph.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_churchistrue
_Emeritus

Post by _churchistrue »

I assume you think all Judeo Christian religion should die? No value to it at all?
Sharing a view of non-historical/metaphorical "New Mormonism" on my blog http://www.churchistrue.com/
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

churchistrue wrote:I assume you think all Judeo Christian religion should die? No value to it at all?

For truth and reality? No, no value at all.......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

churchistrue wrote:I assume you think all Judeo Christian religion should die? No value to it at all?

What value would you place on it that can't be replicated in the absence of religion?
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Sanctorian wrote:

What value would you place on it that can't be replicated in the absence of religion?

What about Christian rock music?

On second thought...
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_GR33N
_Emeritus

Post by _GR33N »

Sanctorian wrote:..is the one that still believes after knowing the truth.

I understand staying for social and families issues just waiting for your chance to exit. I understand believing what the church teaches you growing up not knowing anything else. I understand converting based on the missionary discussions. I understand wanting to be a part of a community.

What I can't understand is someone that believes and to an extent defends those beliefs AFTER knowing the truth. The truth destroys any claims of the church being Gods church and discredits Joe that any reasonable human being KNOWS without a shadow of doubt it's all b***s***. Those Mormons that still belief in some form of those claims and try to defend or teach those false claims after knowing the truth are dishonest with themselves and humanity.

I don't like dishonest people. I don't like those Mormons. All others types of Mormons I can respect.

Which truths are you referring to?
Then saith He to Thomas... be not faithless, but believing. - John 20:27
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

I don't need to list them all but I'll start with a simple one, did Joseph see God and Jesus? I know what his claims are, but what's the truth?