Sexually assaulted on newly dedicated Temple grounds...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Re: Sexually assaulted on newly dedicated Temple grounds...

Post by _Chap »

Rino wrote:
I have a question wrote:Why did God choose to divert the bomb in Brussels away from killing missionaries (as Oaks claimed) but not choose to divert harm from this woman on temple grounds (as specifically prayed for by Oaks citing his priesthood)?

I'm sure the family that lost their mother would be glad to know you take such glee at the opportunity to mock Mormons.

Haven't you noticed?

What "we" mock is not the poor woman's family.

It is the idiotic religious leaders who try to persuade their poor duped followers that these tragedies somehow convey a heart-warming message about divine protection.

And they don't . That hope is a lie.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Rino
_Emeritus

Post by _Rino »

Chap wrote:What "we" mock is not the poor woman's family.

It is the idiotic religious leaders who try to persuade their poor duped followers that these tragedies somehow convey a heart-warming message about divine protection.

Catholic priest who gave a sermon after the Brussels bombing referenced it. I don't have a problem with this, and I'm not Catholic.

Protestant Chaplain used it in his sermon. I'm not Protestant and I don't have a problem with that.

JW's that knocked on the door last Sunday talked about it.

What kind of hate takes this sort of thing and makes it into something you celebrate?

You mock because you're a miserable person, who is unhappy. And that's not what is bad. It's not that you have it so bad, it is that others are not miserable. But this is the board you want, so, have at it.
_Rino
_Emeritus

Post by _Rino »

I have a question wrote:If her family and friends asked you why God didn't divert harm from her as He did with the Missionaries in Brussels, even though Apostle Oaks specifically requested she be protected, how would you answer them?

I live outside of Brussels. My children lost friends. I am not interested in furthering your hate. The community's pain is not something you can use for your own hate and prejudice.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Rino wrote:
I have a question wrote:If her family and friends asked you why God didn't divert harm from her as He did with the Missionaries in Brussels, even though Apostle Oaks specifically requested she be protected, how would you answer them?

I live outside of Brussels. My children lost friends. I am not interested in furthering your hate. The community's pain is not something you can use for your own hate and prejudice.

Not my hate.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng

Dallin H Oaks wrote:God rarely infringes on the agency of any of His children by intervening against some for the relief of others. But He does ease the burdens of our afflictions and strengthen us to bear them, as He did for Alma’s people in the land of Helam (see Mosiah 24:13–15). He does not prevent all disasters, but He does answer our prayers to turn them aside, as He did with the uniquely powerful cyclone that threatened to prevent the dedication of the temple in Fiji;6 or He does blunt their effects, as He did with the terrorist bombing that took so many lives in the Brussels airport but only injured our four missionaries.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Rino wrote:
Chap wrote:What "we" mock is not the poor woman's family.

Catholic priest who gave a sermon after the Brussels bombing referenced it. I don't have a problem with this, and I'm not Catholic.

Protestant Chaplain used it in his sermon. I'm not Protestant and I don't have a problem with that.

JW's that knocked on the door last Sunday talked about it.

What kind of hate takes this sort of thing and makes it into something you celebrate?

You mock because you're a miserable person, who is unhappy. And that's not what is bad. It's not that you have it so bad, it is that others are not miserable. But this is the board you want, so, have at it.

Who's celebrating? Not me? Who's unhappy? Not me! ( can't give you details, because I don't do in real life here.)

Who's convinced that religion sucks energy and time out of good people and gives them only delusions in return? Me!

So when I see religious leaders telling their followers that they are under divine protection, I feel obliged to point out that they are being duped. They'd be happier if (like me) they started living in the real world.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

An example:

I have a question wrote:
Dallin H. Oaks wrote:God rarely infringes on the agency of any of His children by intervening against some for the relief of others. But He does ease the burdens of our afflictions and strengthen us to bear them, as He did for Alma’s people in the land of Helam (see Mosiah 24:13–15). He does not prevent all disasters, but He does answer our prayers to turn them aside, as He did with the uniquely powerful cyclone that threatened to prevent the dedication of the temple in Fiji;6 or He does blunt their effects, as He did with the terrorist bombing that took so many lives in the Brussels airport but only injured our four missionaries.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng

You don't find that repellent and mendacious?
Zadok:
Maksutov:
_Enzo the Baker
_Emeritus

Post by _Enzo the Baker »

Rino,

Let's assume for the sake of argument that this is true. How does that answer IHAQ's question?:

If her family and friends asked you why God didn't divert harm from her as He did with the Missionaries in Brussels, even though Apostle Oaks specifically requested she be protected, how would you answer them?
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

I have a question wrote:
Rino wrote:Previously gloating because missionaries were attacked.

Now gloating because women are being sexually assaulted.

Why did God choose to divert the bomb in Brussels away from killing missionaries (as Oaks claimed) but not choose to divert harm from this woman on temple grounds (as specifically prayed for by Oaks citing his priesthood)?

Rino wrote:I'm sure the family that lost their mother would be glad to know you take such glee at the opportunity to mock Mormons.

It's not the Church that makes you unhappy or angry, you're really just a terrible person. And no one made you this way, you just want to be this way. And ultimately you are getting what you want out of this, but in the end I'm not sure it is worth it.

Honestly, if becoming you is what leaving the Church means, why would anyone want to do it. The Brussels bombing is still impacting the local community, could you hold off on the glee until after the funerals?

Could your charade of FP/12 hold off claiming those that lived through the bombing were protected by god, but obviously he did not protect those that died, while the family members of those that died in the bombing finish grieving? I thought not. LDS insensitivity is okay in your book; asking why god didn't protect everyone from the bombing is not. Another fine example of LDS duplicity at work.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

To the OP, I too was sexually assaulted on dedicated temple grounds, inside during the cleansing and anointing.
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Post by _CameronMO »

sock puppet wrote:To the OP, I too was sexually assaulted on dedicated temple grounds, inside during the cleansing and anointing.

Is it wrong of me to laugh?
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.