Sadly, another Mormon Missionary Has Died (link)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Sadly, another Mormon Missionary Has Died (link)

Post by _Mormonicious »

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=39299281&nid=148

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints confirmed Tuesday that a missionary serving in Taichung, Taiwan, was killed in a bicycle accident.

North Ogden resident David Smith Hampton, 18, was hit by a car while riding his bike and died from his injuries Tuesday, according to LDS Church spokesman Eric Hawkins.

"Our hearts are saddened as we share the news of the death of one of our young missionaries. … Our prayers are with his family and loved ones as we join with them in mourning his death,” Hawkins said in a statement.

Elder Hampton went on his mission in December 2015. He is from the North Ogden, Utah Coldwater Stake

Such a Waste of a Young Life.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Enzo the Baker
_Emeritus

Re: Sadly, another Mormon Missionary Has Died (link)

Post by _Enzo the Baker »

Tragic.

LDS god sure is fickle.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Dallin H. Oaks wrote:God rarely infringes on the agency of any of His children by intervening against some for the relief of others. But He does ease the burdens of our afflictions and strengthen us to bear them, as He did for Alma’s people in the land of Helam (see Mosiah 24:13–15). He does not prevent all disasters, but He does answer our prayers to turn them aside, as He did with the uniquely powerful cyclone that threatened to prevent the dedication of the temple in Fiji;6 or He does blunt their effects, as He did with the terrorist bombing that took so many lives in the Brussels airport but only injured our four missionaries.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

I have a question wrote:
Dallin H. Oaks wrote:God rarely infringes on the agency of any of His children by intervening against some for the relief of others. But He does ease the burdens of our afflictions and strengthen us to bear them, as He did for Alma’s people in the land of Helam (see Mosiah 24:13–15). He does not prevent all disasters, but He does answer our prayers to turn them aside, as He did with the uniquely powerful cyclone that threatened to prevent the dedication of the temple in Fiji;6 or He does blunt their effects, as He did with the terrorist bombing that took so many lives in the Brussels airport but only injured our four missionaries.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng

https://youtu.be/wpk2oK4ndjM
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Elphaba
_Emeritus

Post by _Elphaba »

Hampton was a missionary from my mother's ward. She is just devastated.

Elphaba
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)
~~Walt Whitman
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

To be quite clear: to be the parent of a young man or woman who dies like this, so far from home, is tragic.

To suffer that loss, and at the same time to hear the church speechifying about God's protection for missionaries can't make it any easier, unless the parents are too numbed with grief to notice. Which they probably are.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

Chap wrote:To be quite clear: to be the parent of a young man or woman who dies like this, so far from home, is tragic.

To suffer that loss, and at the same time to hear the church speechifying about God's protection for missionaries can't make it any easier, unless the parents are too numbed with grief to notice. Which they probably are.

HUH?

With all due respect to the human being who lost his life, according to LDS folklore, they are sad and HAPPY.

Their son just got a one way ticket to the celestial kingdom. Oh hell yeah, they miss him, but daayyyamn they already have one of their children who just jumped all other bishops, stake presidents, area presidents, 70s, and even apostles and prophets.

The lucky young man is already picking out his wives as we speak.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

Chap wrote:To be quite clear: to be the parent of a young man or woman who dies like this, so far from home, is tragic.

God loves the media.

Save a missionary from an inattentive driver or from a terrorist... hmmmm
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:

God loves the media.

Save a missionary from an inattentive driver or from a terrorist... hmmmm

Monte Hall just won't let Elohim have what's behind more than just one door.