bcspace?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Chuck Finley
_Emeritus

bcspace?

Post by _Chuck Finley »

When I first showed up around here, bcspace was a regular poster. Has bc left the board? I actually checked the user profile and there is a dash in the "last visited" column. Does that dash indicate something (like a ban or withdrawal from the site)?

Just curious.
Proud to be the first of the "February Four" expelled from the Ceebooist branch of NeverMormonism.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: bcspace?

Post by _Gunnar »

I suspect that his views have been so often and thoroughly been refuted by various regulars on this board and even by some of the Church's official essays that he is too embarrassed to continue posting here. I think he is in many ways a decent and likeable person in real life. I hope he is okay!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

He stopped posting shortly after the Church posted a bunch of essays refuting the apologetics bcspace had relied upon for years. The clincher seemed to be Lineage Race and the Priesthood. Once your own Church throws you under the bus, what's left to say?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Gunnar wrote:I suspect that his views have been so often and thoroughly been refuted by various regulars on this board and even by some of the Church's official essays that he is too embarrassed to continue posting here. I think he is in many ways a decent and likeable person in real life. I hope he is okay!

This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Some of the speculations on this thread are entirely arrogant. bcspace was posting as he normally would when he was last seen here.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:I suspect that his views have been so often and thoroughly been refuted by various regulars on this board and even by some of the Church's official essays that he is too embarrassed to continue posting here. I think he is in many ways a decent and likeable person in real life. I hope he is okay!

Gunnar,

Do you think that Forum 2 folks thoroughly refuted my religious beliefs/doctrines/assertions about the Bible/Creation? I'm sure that if you could run a Forum 2 poll, they'd all say yes.

And yet, the only thing that knocked me off there temporarily (and make no mistake it was intended to intimidate me permanently) was that someone started posting my in real life. Following some tweaking of the board by nofaith, I returned and I didn't leave until the bitter end which involved that same poster and the total destruction of that board.

At one point, a similar thing happened to bcspace on this board, and has happened to other TBM's.

I doubt that he's embarrassed by anything at all. For all we know, he got bored, didn't want people screwing with his in real life information, in real life events took precedence, or he's deceased.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Mon May 09, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I also want to mention the fact that bcspace didn't limit his participation to religious topics. He also posted in Old Testament and engaged in political discussions, so you guys will have to forgive me if think that your snickering is a little unwarranted.

Talk about tunnel vision.
:rolleyes:
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Ceeboo recently returned after a long break in participation. He posted that he got bored. Not one person speculated that Ceeboo turned tail and ran because folks refuted his religious beliefs or his ideas about evolution.

The bias is so thick in some of the statements on this thread, you couldn't cut through it with the jaws of life if you wanted to.
Chinese Proverb
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

I have wondered where he went. I wish him well and hope that life is good for him.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Jersey Girl wrote:I also want to mention the fact that bcspace didn't limit his participation to religious topics. He also posted in Old Testament and engaged in political discussions, so you guys will have to forgive me if think that your snickering is a little unwarranted.

Talk about tunnel vision.
:rolleyes:

Sorry mum.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')