Women missionaries can now wear pants

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Women missionaries can now wear pants

Post by _Sanctorian »

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=39849754&nid=1284&title=lds-leaders-ok-slacks-for-mormon-women-on-missions-where-zika-virus-is-a-threat

"With this announcement," the release said, "sisters serving in these areas are encouraged to wear full-length dress slacks during proselyting activities."
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Women missionaries can now wear pants

Post by _I have a question »

But not for Church, because mosquitos don't bite you if you're obviously going to Church.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Sanctorian wrote:http://www.ksl.com/?sid=39849754&nid=1284&title=lds-leaders-ok-slacks-for-mormon-women-on-missions-where-zika-virus-is-a-threat

"With this announcement," the release said, "sisters serving in these areas are encouraged to wear full-length dress slacks during proselyting proselytizing activities."

It appears that KSL has decided to save money for the church by laying off it's editors.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Quasimodo wrote:
"With this announcement," the release said, "sisters serving in these areas are encouraged to wear full-length dress slacks during proselyting proselytizing activities."

It appears that KSL has decided to save money for the church by laying off it's editors.

KSL had editors? :surprised:
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Enzo the Baker
_Emeritus

Post by _Enzo the Baker »

KSL had editors?

Off coarse they due. Its write their on the websight titled:

"Ettidors Paige"
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

For example, the church will now pay for "permethrin insecticide solution and DEET-containing repellant" for all of its 74,000 missionaries around the world.

This sounds positive. Those risk management attorneys are proving to be a real boon for the LDS missionaries.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

I have a question wrote:KSL had editors? :surprised:
KSL & Desnews are the media propaganda machines of LDS Inc.

Just like at Desnews, they don't have employees or jobs. Editor is a "calling". :lol: :lol: :lol:
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Baby steps taken by timid leadership. If they were bold and brave like the demigod, Jesus, they would announce everyone should wear pants to church. Only people that love dresses should wear a dress.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

Ok, this is horrible and callous, and is definitely meant as a really bad joke, and I'm a terrible person for even thinking it, much less putting it out there, but...

Maybe the church ought to consider that in future generations of Mormons tiny heads and brains might improve retention?
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Enzo the Baker wrote:
KSL had editors?

Off coarse they due. Its write their on the websight titled:

"Ettidors Paige"

You must be a writer for Yahoo News. Holy goshballs it's a hot mess over there.

- Doc

eta: President Newsroom in 2035 - Women have always been encouraged to wear pants. There was never a policy in place dictating to women what they could and could not wear.
Last edited by Guest on Sun May 22, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.