Things Go Wrong When Started Wrong

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Things Go Wrong When Started Wrong

Post by _Nightlion »

You cannot build a fit house on a corrupt foundation.

All this aching and moaning about Mormon Culture withdrawals are just as stupid.

Joseph Smith was unable to get the gospel up and running his entire life. The commanded foundation was never set in place.
The Church has built a construct of arrogance upon arrogance slapping together egregious error atop egregious error as they plod along.

The basis of LDS Church authority has been finger wagging holier than thou badgering. Of course such would make one mad if taken seriously.
The key to LDS leadership is of course realizing that the feigned authority is a ruse. A full conversion to absolute hypocrisy gets you a pass.
That will get you noticed and advanced and have an improved prospect of getting a chip in the big game. Hypocrisy is never about truth.
It is always about manipulation.

That is just the hard truth about the LDS Church from its beginning. Minus perhaps five or six years of real intent.
Somewhere it became apparent that Zion was a pipe dream and so what to do? Abandonment or pretense.........$$$$$!!!!! Pretense it is.

The honest in heart are the injured and beleaguered souls who get lost in the wilderness of obscurity and darkness. They can only find their own way.
That's just the way is is going to be until Zion becomes doable. That would require real faith such that could forsake the world and let die the honors of men
and all those trillions of possibilities... for Christ's sake. Eh? Nobody? Another forty years in the wilderness then.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Things Go Wrong When Started Wrong

Post by _I have a question »

You seem to be doing most of the aching and moaning.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

I have a question wrote:You seem to be doing most of the aching and moaning.

That is just not true. Nice shot at the cutism of the day though.
In fact except for the militant liars just about everything else on this board is bitching and moaning about
what believing in Mormonism has done.

I still believe in the bedrock foundation of Mormonism. I eschew the hypocrisy. But whacha gonna do?
When I swear a blue streak I have little conscience at about it. The finger wagging GAs be damned.
The Lord knows my anger is seated in his honor.
I have never been a misbegotten perfectionist. I know better.
I have been free of Mormon constraints for twenty five years in fifteen days. I have never once been even slightly tempted to sip a beer.
When I was a teenager I bought the beer for my buddies and enjoyed a fine Michelob with my meal at the Wort Hotel in Jackson Hole where my band played
for some California kids back in the day. I have my own reasons and know what I am missing.

I subjected myself to Jesus Christ and not to the Mormon Church. I am of Zion and not of pretense.
My compliant is not the same as what fills this and many like boards.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Nightlion wrote:
I have a question wrote:You seem to be doing most of the aching and moaning.

That is just not true. Nice shot at the cutism of the day though.
In fact except for the militant liars just about everything else on this board is bitching and moaning about

I still believe in the bedrock foundation of Mormonism. I eschew the hypocrisy. But whacha gonna do?
When I swear a blue streak I have little conscience at about it. The finger wagging GAs be damned.
I have been free of Mormon constraints for twenty five years in fifteen days. I have never once been even slightly tempted to sip a beer.
When I was a teenager I bought the beer for my buddies and enjoyed a fine Michelob with my meal at the Wort Hotel in Jackson Hole where my band played
for some California kids back in the day. I have my own reasons and know what I am missing.

I subjected myself to Jesus Christ and not to the Mormon Church. I am of Zion and not of pretense.

More aching, more moaning.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

I have a question wrote:
Nightlion wrote:That is just not true. Nice shot at the cutism of the day though.

More aching, more moaning.

You're Grindael, right? Consider yourself outed.
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

NL, I am extremely sure that I Have A Question and Grindael are not the same individuals or did I really miss something?
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

This. Whole. Thread. Has. Me. Confused!
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

candygal wrote:This. Whole. Thread. Has. Me. Confused!

Welcome. What's happening every time I post a truth is abject obfuscation. I am never thoughtfully engaged. Mormons won't and anti Mormons or befuddled Mormons are clueless about truth. God deniers heads explode.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Tator wrote:NL, I am extremely sure that I Have A Question and Grindael are not the same individuals or did I really miss something?

He paid me a massive compliment and denigrated Grindael in one fell swoop!
_Goldenbrass
_Emeritus

Post by _Goldenbrass »

Nightlion wrote:You're Grindael, right? Consider yourself outed.

And you're Dr Shades, right? You don't have to hide in that closet anymore.

Am I playing this game right? Who do I get to be?