Yet another 1000 year old steel sword found in europe

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Yet another 1000 year old steel sword found in europe

Post by _SteelHead »

Yet still 0 in upstate New York, home to the largest "recorded battle" in ancient "history".

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from ... e-37285805
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Re: Yet another 1000 year old steel sword found in europe

Post by _CameronMO »

I'm starting to think nobody will ever find one. :razz:
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

CameronMO wrote:I'm starting to think nobody will ever find one. :razz:

Oh ye of little faith!
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

So easy to see why they find them in Europe and the rest of the World and not in the Americas.

Those places are not "The Chosen Land" so natural processes work differently there. Here God has accelerated the decomposition so you need faith, not evidence.

Or, as one church sign years ago put it: "When you have faith, facts don't matter."
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

SteelHead wrote:Yet still 0 in upstate New York, home to the largest "recorded battle" in ancient "history".

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from ... e-37285805

What is amazing is that this is like the 20th one they found. What was the population of Iceland back then? Surely not in the MILLIONS.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

SuperDell wrote:So easy to see why they find them in Europe and the rest of the World and not in the Americas.

Those places are not "The Chosen Land" so natural processes work differently there. Here God has accelerated the decomposition so you need faith, not evidence.

Or, as one church sign years ago put it: "When you have faith, facts don't matter."

And behold, the time cometh that he curseth your SWORDS, that they become slippery, that ye cannot FIND them; and in the days of your APOLOGETICS ye cannot DEFEND them.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Once again, you are missing the point. Mesoamerica's environment isn't ideal for preserving metal artifacts. As you can see below, Skafterhreppur is an arid wasteland, perfect for the preservation of metal.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I ... -011-1.jpg
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Doctor Steuss wrote:Once again, you are missing the point. Mesoamerica's environment isn't ideal for preserving metal artifacts. As you can see below, Skafterhreppur is an arid wasteland, perfect for the preservation of metal.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I ... -011-1.jpg

It looks nothing like this... nothing like it at all...

_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

It's the slippery earth that hides all that evidence that you skeptics seem to need. God obviously cursed the earth making swords and evidence hard to come by with respect to the Nephites and Lamanites. It's in the Book of Mormon for heaven sake! Read what Samuel the Lamanite said! So the cursing must have been 10X the regular cursing down in central america where the limited geography resides because if it weren't for the cursing, so much evidence would be found to make every skeptic's knees bow and tongue confess that Mormonism is the truth!
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars