Calling Thayne, Can I Help With NOM?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_achilles
_Emeritus

Calling Thayne, Can I Help With NOM?

Post by _achilles »

I'm a member of the NOM Forum. I am interested in helping get it back online. Please PM me.

If anyone knows how to contact Thayne, please let me know by PM.
_Hagoth
_Emeritus

Re: Calling Thayne, Can I Help With NOM?

Post by _Hagoth »

I'm very disappointed with the way Thayne handled this. I can totally appreciate that he was emotionally done with NOM and needed to move on but a lot of people were left hanging and there NOMs who had stated they would be happy to take over the board.

No one seems to be able to contact Thayne and he stopped attending the St. Judas gathering. No card, no flowers, not even a "so long and thanks for all the fish."

I would think that one of the mods would have had a way to contact Thayne and would have put some information out there, but they seem to have gone radio silent too, as far as I can tell. Sigh. Maybe they're all sock puppets! Nah.

Thayne, if you're out there, please throw us a bone.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” - Mark Twain
_Madison54
_Emeritus

Post by _Madison54 »

I woke up this morning and thought about how GC is coming up. I then thought, "Oh wow....I am going to miss the threads on NOM discussing the different conference sessions!" I don't watch GC anymore, but really enjoyed reading those threads.

I know there are so many over there who would be willing to pay for and help manage that forum. I wonder if something has happened in Thayne's personal life, because even though he'd lost interest, this doesn't seem like him at all.

I would be happy to help it get going again even though I didn't post there much anymore, I would at least pop in once a day to see what was being discussed and would occasionally post (mainly on church history threads).

I hope Thayne sees this!

Edited to add...
Hey...I may have either Dathon's or Thayne's email address (i was in touch with both of them at one time). I will check and see if I can find one or both.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I've tried putting out mental vibrations to Thayne, but so far nothing. It is times like this that I wish I had been open to connecting with people on that board.

Let's hope Madison can track those folks down. Moderators of the past like River, MoJo, and Jeffret perhaps have some inkling, although I have no idea how to contact them. When this board has gone down in the past, there was Liz's board and one of the times this was down was when I first registered at NOM.

Best wishes to Achilles enthusiasm and willingness in trying to revive that board.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_souldier
_Emeritus

Post by _souldier »

I was also dissapointed with NOMs sudden demise. It was the first place I felt comfortable anonymously yaking. It was a fun board, hate to see it go the way of the dodo while the real dodo still pounds his pulpit with flapping jowls.
"It takes more than three point four... wait, six percent beer to get Sterling Archer drunk! Six percent, really?"
_malkie
_Emeritus

Post by _malkie »

I just sent a message to Dathon (in real life), and invited him to this thread.
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

malkie wrote:I just sent a message to Dathon (in real life), and invited him to this thread.

Is there anyway to make a general NOM invitation to this board that would go out to all the NOMes?
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

Damn strange stuff.

I think it would be best for someone to just start a new board. Chances are high that Thayne just wiped it out.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_malkie
_Emeritus

Post by _malkie »

Mayan Elephant wrote:Damn strange stuff.

I think it would be best for someone to just start a new board. Chances are high that Thayne just wiped it out.

Why do you think that? Has Thayne ever suggested doing so?
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_Hagoth
_Emeritus

Post by _Hagoth »

malkie wrote:
Mayan Elephant wrote:Damn strange stuff.

Why do you think that? Has Thayne ever suggested doing so?

The message from Thayne that Moksha spotted on stayLDS said it was partially intentional, whatever that means. I know Thayne wanted to unburden himself of NOM but I really wish he had dropped by for a visit to discuss the options before the domain expired.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” - Mark Twain