Leaked videos of meetings with the Q15

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Aoife
_Emeritus

Re: Leaked videos of meetings with the Q15

Post by _Aoife »

I can't stop watching! It has been ages since I believed the church was led by any kind of inspiration, divine or otherwise. But given the wealth and holdings of the church, I've always assumed there was something competent and sophisticated going on at the top. Maybe the sophistication is in the middle management somewhere?

It's incredible how ostensibly naïve they are. This is nuts!

ETA:
Holland says at 7:40 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8hVH919KmY
"...when you raise the matter of meth, that opens a whole different world, cause that-- young housewives can cook up on their kitchen burner..."

Better keep an eye on those young housewives?
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

I suspect that these men may be so out of touch with reality that they are only dimly aware, if at all, just how damaging these leaked videos can ultimately become to the credibility and legitimacy of the religious organization they lead. I would not be surprised if they thought that publication and dissemination of these videos would actually be seen as faith promoting and validating to most rank and file TBMs. I would be even less surprised if they turned to be right about that.

ETA: Droopy's comment above nicely demonstrates the case I just made.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Aoife wrote:I can't stop watching! It has been ages since I believed the church was led by any kind of inspiration, divine or otherwise. But given the wealth and holdings of the church, I've always assumed there was something competent and sophisticated going on at the top. Maybe the sophistication is in the middle management somewhere?

It's incredible how ostensibly naïve they are. This is nuts!

ETA:
Holland says at 7:40 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8hVH919KmY
"...when you raise the matter of meth, that opens a whole different world, cause that-- young housewives can cook up on their kitchen burner..."

Better keep an eye on those young housewives?

You'd be surprised how much you can get done with boatloads of money and mediocre talent.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_James or Not
_Emeritus

Post by _James or Not »

Droopy wrote:Do I detect shock, dismay, and dazed astonishment that the Brethren are discussing things that seem to be some of the core cultural concerns of ...gulp...conservatism?

Perhaps what's really driving thee folks crazy is that the Brethren appear to be far more in touch with modern cultural reality, and in much greater detail, than sometimes their Conference talks and First Presidency Messages might indicate, at least on the surface.

Note: it is not the complete conceptual and legal deracination of the fundamental concepts of family, gender, and marriage and healthy, positive, life-affirming, spiritually ennobling, socially valuable sexuality that is "driving our civilization into a ditch," nor the normalizing and celebration of the most acute forms of mental illness affecting psychosexual development, but 15 men in a Church comprising no more than 15 million members (perhaps have of which are active at any given time), discussing the threat posed TO civilization by that very deracination within the framework of gospel/Judeo-Christian sexual mores, ethics, and boundaries.

This appears to be extremely distressing the the Anointed, to the point of eliciting almost visceral hostility, animosity, and personal rancor.

Can people such as these (and this board is as far to the Left one could wish to go as to the overwhelming bulk of its inhabitants), enraged and frothing at the very thought of the slightest opposition and concern with the "queering" of the culture and the erasure of marriage and family as the underlying foundations of civilization and civil society, be trusted with the religious liberties of those they so strongly disagree with, but apparently hate?

Oftimes we see what we are looking for, and oftimes we overlook what is right in front of our eyes. Correct, Droopy?
Next time the bully demands your lunch money tell him you left it on his mother's dresser.
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

For consideration is the fact that these videos are coming from INSIDE the organization. The recordings are made by an in-house system and access to them is highly controlled.

Thus if the Manuals leakier and Video leakier are different individuals, there is a mutiny on the good bull crap Tommy and the Boys.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

honorentheos wrote:Best October surprise ever.

I tried to tell you guys about the October surprise and all I got was a yeah... :razz:
_malkie
_Emeritus

Post by _malkie »

Article of Faith #12 in action?
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:This has to be one of the biggest WFT moments in all of church history.

Elder Ballard attacking Barbara Streisand?! Starts at the 46:50 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPrOf1d ... e=youtu.be

Who leaked these videos? This is not good at all for the Brethren. It shows them as uniformed, scared and out of touch with reality.

And the truth shall set us free........
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

In the presentation linked in the OP about wikileaks, it is asserted at 2:25 that 'as often happens a virtue, like information freedom, can be taken to an extreme and become a vice'. I wonder if Oaks and the Other 14 Clowns would agree that 'a virtue, like religious freedom, can be taken to an extreme and become a vice'?