Leaked videos of meetings with the Q15

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Leaked videos of meetings with the Q15

Post by _Sanctorian »

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJTIFO9JJWiXABNXHDUKj4A

Some videos just leaked in the past hour showing the 15 being briefed on different subjects. I've only watched a couple so far, but what sticks out to me is how extremely out of touch these guys are. In one video when being briefed on the the threat of Wikileaks, their only concern is if Assange and Manning are gay and the agenda of the media to hide their homosexuality to push the homosexual agenda. Oaks in particular is quite the homosexual crusader.

http://youtu.be/CpVh24_wGoY
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Re: Leaked videos of meetings with the Q15

Post by _Sanctorian »

http://youtu.be/aPrOf1dj4iE

This one is particularly interesting as they discuss the 2008 election. It's quite obvious they are pushing the republican agenda. And here I thought they stayed out of politics. :rolleyes:
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Thanks for pointing that out. Wow. The one about wiki leaks and Oaks/Packer sounding like crazy old people scare ed of media cover ups of the so called gay agenda or "brights" necessarily being corrupt is revealing. The conference voice presentation combined with the opening scenes from the movie the dark crystal...yeah. Sign me back up.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Red Ryder
_Emeritus

Post by _Red Ryder »

And the full set of scriptures in front of them is hilarious.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

This has to be one of the biggest WFT moments in all of church history.

Elder Ballard attacking Barbara Streisand?! Starts at the 46:50 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPrOf1d ... e=youtu.be

Who leaked these videos? This is not good at all for the Brethren. It shows them as uniformed, scared and out of touch with reality.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Wow! Just wow! These videos are going to be devastating.

Their open disdain for gay people is unbelievable. Watch this from the 4:38 mark until the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpVh24_wGoY

Unbelievable.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

These videos are absolutely devastating. A serious meeting of top church leaders, apostles, on cyber-security devolves into this surreal discussion of who is gay and the media collusion with the "gay agenda."

If this doesn't convince tithe-paying members that their money might as well be kindling to light a portable heater under BKP's noxious posterior, I don't know what will. The reality is so sad that it is impervious to satire. There's nothing godly in that room. Just frightened old men obsessed with the sex lives of others.

Worse yet, given a serious task to attend to--and cyber security is serious--all they can do is mutter about homosexuals, as if that were in any way pertinent to the matter at hand. With this kind of inattention at the helm, you know all kinds of hijinx are being perpetrated right under their noses.

Take this report. It's a joke. You'd get better information from public radio. But this guy knows that his sad-ass excuse for a report will be more than adequate for this group; and if it is not, all he has to do to mollify these guys, and distract them from substantive concerns, is to throw up a scripture and allude to "teh gayz." Meeting over.

God have mercy on the soul who gives these old buzzards one red cent. These people are driving our civilization into a ditch.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Uther
_Emeritus

Post by _Uther »

Lots of videos popping up, and it will take some time before all the implications can be absorbed.

Atm a "hot potatoe" is the video where a member of the US senate (Gordon Smith) reveals himself in front of the camera while briefing the apostles.
Talk about intertwinement between the LDS church and the republican party.

Some highlights (taken from: https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/55iq5z/the_gordon_smith_leak_is_scandalous/?st=itsw1ore&sh=5588f53e):
(These points were posted and summarized by Oliver_DeNom over at exmormon reddit).

- Senate staff is reffered to as "church broke".
- The staffers would call church officials asking for direction.
- Smith states that he was raised to "follow the brethren" and holds the 12 in higher regard than presidents, governments, and other dignitaries.
- Paints a picture of his Senate career as having been started for the purpose of serving church interests in the government.
- Supported Iraq war to get missionaries there.. (11:30)
- Medicare, Medicaid, and social security are "pyramid schemes" that cause people to look forward to government instead of God.
- Advises the twelve to not reach out to the Gay community because they will never be satisfied, but instead focus on communicating with Americans who are against marriage equality (19:25).
- Smith discloses information about Iran's nuclear capabilities which he isn't sure whether is classified or not (26:58) He goes on to describe Armageddon and confirms that Israel has nuclear capabilities.
- Someone specifically asks about the future of the republican party, Obama had just been elected and won both houses, and Smith refers to democrats as assorted miscreants, to everyone's laughter (33:00).
- Smih states that Catholics and evangelicals are unreliable allies. Says that Catholics don't believe their own doctrines and that evangelicals are guilty of priestcraft. He advises to "use them as you can" but not to be so open offering their support. Says the best way to use these groups is as a front to "lower the profile" of the church's political involvement (37:00).
- The initial introduction speaker again emphasises how important it's been to have five recommend holders in the Senate and many more in the house to allow the church to conduct business and influence decisions (42:00).
- Smith describes how the church should "use" it's senators like Harry Reid to open diplomatic doors. He describes how he used his office to establish the first LDS mission in India (42:00).

The video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4FPVZH8fIg&feature=youtu.be

This is dynamite!
About Joseph Smith.. How do you think his persona was influenced by being the storyteller since childhood? Mastering the art of going pale, changing his voice, and mesmerizing his audience.. How do you think he was influenced by keeping secrets and lying for his wife and the church members for decades?
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I am enjoying these videos. It's a lot better than conference could ever be or ever was. If you are a liberal leaning person, you now know you will never have a place in this church.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Wow.... These are astonishing. Surreal on so many levels. Did you watch the one where they are briefed on (of all things) pirates? The presenter shows them a clip from Pirates of the Caribbean. It's also just bizarre to see Elder Oaks, circa 2008, per the video, saying "What are credit dee-fault swaps? What are those?" And the Chelsea Manning video is hilarious. We've been assured on a number of occasions by the Mopologists that they aren't "homophobic," though this video shows pretty conclusively how rampant the fear is concerning the "homosexual agenda."
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14