Packers little factory ends production...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Packers little factory ends production...

Post by _I have a question »

For 40 years, Mormon apostle Boyd K. Packer's advice to teenage boys about their "little factories" was widely distributed inside the LDS Church and widely mocked outside it.

Now the pamphlet "To Young Men Only" — which addressed the issue of masturbation to help boys as they navigate puberty — has been removed from the faith's website and store.lds.org for ecclesiastical leaders to obtain printed copies.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4584556-155/ ... les-little

Apostles words are easier to disavow when they are dead.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Packers little factory ends production...

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_annie
_Emeritus

Post by _annie »

I have a question wrote:
For 40 years, Mormon apostle Boyd K. Packer's advice to teenage boys about their "little factories" was widely distributed inside the LDS Church and widely mocked outside it.

Now the pamphlet "To Young Men Only" — which addressed the issue of masturbation to help boys as they navigate puberty — has been removed from the faith's website and store.lds.org for ecclesiastical leaders to obtain printed copies.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4584556-155/ ... les-little

Apostles words are easier to disavow when they are dead.

I believe it's still on the church website, though. So it hasn't been disavowed, has it? It's just another exercise in plausible deniability: "I don't know that we teach that..." etc.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Man, that pamphlet “F” ed me up as a kid. I made the mistake of actually believing what I was taught by my parents, and then I made the mistake of believing the material provided to me by the Church was from God.

It took a fews years, but I got over it. Heh. I'm glad I never passed that garbage onto my own kids. Saved them from a bunch of crap they would needlessly have to endure.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Man, that pamphlet “F” ed me up as a kid. ...I made the mistake of believing the material provided to me by the Church was from God.

It took a fews years, but I got over it.* * *

- Doc

Packer did more evil during his life than 10 other apostles combined have done any good. One of Packer's chief 'contributions' was that pamphlet. A just reward for Packer would be eternity with a 14 year old boy's sex drive, but unable in any way to relieve it.
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

sock puppet wrote:A just reward for Packer would be eternity with a 14 year old boy's sex drive, but unable in any way to relieve it.
and he is attracted to 14 year old boys.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

So why was there a pamphlet for the boys but not the girls?

That's discrimination!

Did they actually believe that little girls are more unaware than little boys?

Too funny. No wonder so many Mormon men have hangups, and the purest of virgins just beyond their reach.

:lol:
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

AmyJo wrote:So why was there a pamphlet for the boys but not the girls?

That's discrimination!

Did they actually believe that little girls are more unaware than little boys?

Too funny. No wonder so many Mormon men have hangups, and the purest of virgins just beyond their reach.

:lol:

because religious leaders (men) assume that women don't do it.