Little girl has her mic turned off during F&T meeting

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Little girl has her mic turned off during F&T meeting

Post by _Sanctorian »

It's a disgusting religion that censors the youth.

https://youtu.be/o_0nhyP6dU4
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Tator
_Emeritus

Re: Little girl has her mic turned off during F&T meeting

Post by _Tator »

There was nothing wrong with what she said, WWJD?

WWJSjrD? "Cure" her with heterosexual celestial sex.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Ultimately this is what it means..."we love you"...but..Shut Up! No matter whether the parents are involved..they are accountable..but it was this young girl at the pulpit. Courage.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

This is outrageous, outrageous I tell you. How can the parents stand by and allow their daughter to say these things at a F&T meeting! Don't they know they are supposed to stand next to her and whisper in her ear what she is supposed to say?
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Post by _JLHPROF »

Fence Sitter wrote:This is outrageous, outrageous I tell you. How can the parents stand by and allow their daughter to say these things at a F&T meeting! Don't they know they are supposed to stand next to her and whisper in her ear what she is supposed to say?

According to the podcast they did tell her what to say. Well, at least they helped her write a couple of drafts to get the final product.
But apparently the whole thing was her idea.
Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. - Joseph Smith
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I thought being Gay in the Church was ok? Now it's not?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Post by _JLHPROF »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I thought being Gay in the Church was ok? Now it's not?

- Doc

Nobody said it wasn't.
Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. - Joseph Smith
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

JLHPROF wrote:

- Doc

Nobody said it wasn't.

So, JLHPROF, what's your theory as to why the microphone was turned off?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_oliblish
_Emeritus

Post by _oliblish »

- Doc

It is ok as long as you don't talk about it.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Water Dog wrote:
oliblish wrote:It is ok as long as you don't talk about it.

I don't think her mic being cut had anything to do with her being "gay" or some such, but that the topic of her testimony was adult and political in nature and inappropriate for the audience regardless. in my opinion, it's pretty child-abusey for a 12-year-old to have such notions in their head to begin with. The girl is a child and she's speaking over a microphone to an audience about her desire to have a romantic relationship? The parents should be ashamed of themselves. This isn't about their daughter's well being, it's about using their daughter to score points and play the victim card. It is pretty disgusting.

What's child "abusey"is the church position on children of gay parents.

You act like this girl doesn't have a mind of her own. What's your sexist deal?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb