Joseph Smith & a LITERAL 3500 Year Old Abraham Autograph

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Re: Joseph Smith & a LITERAL 3500 Year Old Abraham Autograph

Post by _zerinus »

Shulem wrote:Your testimony is false. It is based upon lies created by Joseph Smith and the book (novel) he and his friends wrote.
Wrong! If that is what you want to believe, go ahead, I can’t stop you. But I can inform you that you are dead wrong!

The Book of Mormon is a work of fiction, material stolen from various sources.
Wrong! You have fallen for falsehoods fabricated by the enemies of the Church and never stood the test of time. You are the one who has opted to believe in lies and falsehoods, not us.

You are in a cult. You have pledged your life to a cult. You have submitted yourself to the cult founder, Joseph Smith. You are just as guilty as he is for spreading his lies and bearing false witness. There is no honor in living and defending lies.
I am in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, God’s only true Church on earth, restored in the last days for the gathering of his elect for the last time.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

zerinus wrote:I am in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, God’s only true Church on earth, restored in the last days for the gathering of his elect for the last time.

How about you learn to spell your church correctly? You really are a novice.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

I have a question wrote:What's your view of the Book of Abraham?
It is true, and the word of God, just as the Book of Mormon is. I am speaking of the English text. The same Spirit that bears witness to me that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the words of God, also bears witness to me that the Book of Abraham is the word of God. The egyptological issues surrounding it do not concern me.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

zerinus wrote:
I have a question wrote:What's your view of the Book of Abraham?
It is true, and the word of God, just as the Book of Mormon is. I am speaking of the English text. The same Spirit that bears witness to me that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the words of God, also bears witness to me that the Book of Abraham is the word of God. The egyptological issues surrounding it do not concern me.

What do you think about the opportunity to buy time share on Mars?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

Shulem wrote:
zerinus wrote:I am in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, God’s only true Church on earth, restored in the last days for the gathering of his elect for the last time.
How about you learn to spell your church correctly? You really are a novice.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Dumb comment.
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

I have a question wrote:What do you think about the opportunity to buy time share on Mars?
Another dumb comment.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

zerinus wrote:
I have a question wrote:What do you think about the opportunity to buy time share on Mars?
Another dumb comment.

You started it...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

zerinus wrote:Dumb comment.

Dumbest comment.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

I have a question wrote:You started it...
No I didn’t.
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

Maksutov wrote:Dumbest comment.
Oh no, not you again! :lol: