Hamula released from 1st Quorum of 70, no longer a member

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_karl61
_Emeritus

Re: Hamula released from 1st Quorum of 70, no longer a membe

Post by _karl61 »

Yahoo Bot wrote:

"I know most church authorities don't want to engage in excommunication but the New Testament specifically requires it as well as the D&C. So, they are just following revelation".

But when is the right time to excommunicate. Patience and long suffering doesn't seem to be practiced by the LDS priesthood. Their definition of patience and long suffering is laughable. And this whole thing about announcing it in public and letting the internet burn him alive is the most mind boggling thing I have ever seen the LDS church do. It is incomprehensible. And you can use the words of the New Testament to give him ten "courts of love" before you excommunicate him.
I want to fly!
_Juggler Vain
_Emeritus

Post by _Juggler Vain »

CameronMO wrote:
NorthboundZax wrote:That leak is for what Henry B. Eyering is paid as a member of the first presidency. Seventies are undoubtedly paid a smaller figure.

Click on the memo leak. I think it was specifically addressed to a 70. I'm assuming the higher-ups get even more.

The Church PR guy has said the pay is uniform, for what it's worth.
Spice up your Sunday School lessons with Intellectual Preserve.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Juggler Vain wrote:[The Church PR guy has said the pay is uniform, for what it's worth.

These guys just ass me out. Their bull crap never stops and it always takes an OOM of effort to counter their lies. Then you have value-less Mormons like Mr. Peterson who, for example, has no problem crapping all over the memory of a dead man, aid and abet those lies (heck, he even lied about what he was paid to do for a living) and then you have to spend time debunking their bunk.

Never, ever, EVER, trust a Mormon when it comes to the truth about money. Ever.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

The guy is almost 60 years old, I doubt he committed adultery.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

DoubtingThomas wrote:The guy is almost 60 years old, I doubt he committed adultery.

Because 59 year olds don't have affairs? You seriously think that?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

I have a question wrote:
Because 59 year olds don't have affairs? You seriously think that?

I assume they do, but Hamula was a good Mormon all his life. When he was younger he didn't get in trouble when he had a higher sex drive, and because he was religious and conservative he likely didn't have a longer allele DRD4.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/scientists ... d=12322891

It is possible he committed adultery, but I don't think it is very likely. I say it is more likely he didn't, so that is why, " I doubt he committed adultery."
_I have a question
_Emeritus

There are two outstanding questions to be answered.
1. Why was Hamula excommunicated? I think when a General Authority is excommunicated then the members have a right to know why - they sustained him, they funded him, they are entitled to know why he was ousted.
2. Why did the Church publicise what he wasn't excommunicated?

Obviously the two are linked, and answering the first might automatically answer the second.
The members have a right to know the answers.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

I have a question wrote:The members have a right to know the answers.

So not only the leaders need to know your private live, but the members too? The Hell with that.

I say his private life is none of our business
_I have a question
_Emeritus

DoubtingThomas wrote:
I have a question wrote:The members have a right to know the answers.

So not only the leaders need to know your private live, but the members too? The Hell with that.

I say his private life is none of our business

The Church disagrees.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

I have a question wrote:
The Church disagrees.

Please help me understand. So if the church disagrees why didn't it tell us what the guy did?