The Gayest Bake Sale....Ever!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

The Gayest Bake Sale....Ever!

Post by _I have a question »

A group of Salt Lake City activists Monday protested the Mormon church’s support for a Colorado bakery shop owner who refused on religious grounds to make a cake for a same-sex wedding.

And they did it with cupcakes and cookies of their own at the “Gayest Bake Sale EVER!”

“Too often the church extends an olive branch in one hand while working local and national law against the queer community with the other,” said the event’s co-organizer Kat Kellermeyer in a statement. “I think it is important for youth to know there is a queer community that is here to support and love them, regardless of anything else.”

http://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/201 ... y-wedding/

When you think about it, it’s Prop 8 all over again.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Tator
_Emeritus

Re: The Gayest Bake Sale....Ever!

Post by _Tator »

And some of those cupcakes are definitely going to get licked.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

I have a question wrote:
A group of Salt Lake City activists Monday protested the Mormon church’s support for a Colorado bakery shop owner who refused on religious grounds to make a cake for a same-sex wedding.

And they did it with cupcakes and cookies of their own at the “Gayest Bake Sale EVER!”

“Too often the church extends an olive branch in one hand while working local and national law against the queer community with the other,” said the event’s co-organizer Kat Kellermeyer in a statement. “I think it is important for youth to know there is a queer community that is here to support and love them, regardless of anything else.”

http://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/201 ... y-wedding/

When you think about it, it’s Prop 8 all over again.

Or maybe it's Prop Cake this time.
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Post by _CameronMO »

Tator wrote:And some of those cupcakes are definitely going to get licked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.
_bcuzbcuz
_Emeritus

Post by _bcuzbcuz »

Tator wrote:And some of those cupcakes are definitely going to get licked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love...you make. PMcC
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Last edited by Guest on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

One of the cake decorators that I work with has two brothers on missions...she has no problem baking a darn cake for just about anybody...they are cute too!!