Bednar is an _____. You fill in the blank.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Bednar is an _____. You fill in the blank.

Post by _Dr Exiled »

In case you had any doubt about Bednar's true colors, please take a look at this video from thoughts on things and stuff. I personally like how Bednar deliberately waits to stand as a sign of control. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPBsWbopjXU. I wonder how his personal relationship is with his wife? What does she think about all of this b.s. she has to go through to massage his giant ego?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Re: Bednar is an _____. You fill in the blank.

Post by _consiglieri »

That was the closing prayer being given?

Who cares about who stands up first after the closing prayer has been said?

Somebody cares, apparently.

And it looks like the entire audience was cued in on this, as well.

None of them stood before Elder Bednar, either.

Wow!
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

He notices, deliberately waits, turns his back on his wife and has a conversation with the other person next to him, all the time knowing that people (specifically his wife who he appears to want to ‘punish’ by purposefully delaying standing up) are waiting for him. I’m not sure “Jerk” is sufficient.

I’ve watched it three times.
From a behavioural analysis perspective it’s very troubling.
His poor wife looks exceptionally uncomfortable and doesn’t know where to look.

Who would stand first if two Apostles were present?
Would it be a Mexican Sit Off?
Last edited by Guest on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

This is what it means to be an apostle of Jesus Christ. :lol: Little men with big titles. All hat, no cattle. The triumph of marketing over materiality. Theocrats jostling for influence to see which one gets to be the senior shearer of the sheep.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Mittens
_Emeritus

Post by _Mittens »

Maksutov wrote:This is what it means to be an apostle of Jesus Christ. :lol: Little men with big titles. All hat, no cattle.

Bednar a blind guide

https://i.imgur.com/5vfNWY3.jpg
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I have a question wrote:He notices, deliberately waits, turns his back on his wife and has a conversation with the other person next to him, all the time knowing that people are waiting for him. I’m not sure “Jerk” is sufficient.

I hope there’s a day when I’m sat either next to Bednar or in his eye line, guess who will be standing up first that day...ain’t gonna happen though, as I will purposefully never be in a room with him.

Who would stand first if two Apostles were present?
Would it be a Mexican Sit Off?

I’ve watched it three times.
From a behavioural analysis perspective it’s worrying.

You know that after their thursday meetings, they go in order of authority, to the refreshment table. They used to have Cummings Candy Studios (not sure that they still do) deliver fresh chocolates to their meetings and the president would go to the candy table first and then on down the line. So, the jackassery is learned behavior. I wonder if they go to the restroom in order of authority too?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_fetchface
_Emeritus

Post by _fetchface »

That's quite the dominance display.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
My Blog: http://untanglingmybrain.blogspot.com/
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

A lot of things about his wife's behavior are becoming clearer now . . .
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

consiglieri wrote:A lot of things about his wife's behavior are becoming clearer now . . .

Such as...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

fetchface wrote:That's quite the dominance display.

Yes indeed. Piously primate-y. :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov