r/exmormon drama

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_TrashcanMan79
_Emeritus

r/exmormon drama

Post by _TrashcanMan79 »

Obviously something has gone down, but it doesn’t seem threads discussing it are lasting long. Anyone know what’s up and care to give me the CliffsNotes version?

Only interested because it seems like it has resulted in the banning of the guys behind MormonLeaks, but I could be wrong about that...
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Re: r/exmormon drama

Post by _SteelHead »

They indirectly doxxed someone. Resulted in a ban.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

The mods were pretty quick on the trigger, too.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Some TBM posted the thought the Vegas victims had it coming because they weren’t observing the Sabbath?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... -shooting/

Unbelievable.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

I have a question wrote:Some TBM posted the thought the Vegas victims had it coming because they weren’t observing the Sabbath?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... -shooting/

Unbelievable.

I wonder what guys like that are thinking... Do they honestly believe churches prevent people from being shot by psychopaths? That being pious prevents people from being slaughtered? I don't know. To post something like that in the aftermath while emotions are so raw is pretty dumb. Pretty tone deaf. Pretty cold.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Yet another forum I have zero interest in participating in.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

Water Dog wrote:As I understand it:

1) A guy on Facebook posts the following comment.

TBM ASSHOLE wrote:If the victims in the Las Vegas incident were observing the Sabbath day, they would have been safe. #praythatvegasrepents

And this wasn't a joke. Discussion ensued, he defends the comment. Comment was also liked, etc.

2) Someone shares the comment online. A censored screen shot that hides the personal information.

3) Ryan McKnight, a.k.a. FearlessFixxer, a.k.a. MormonLeaks, contacts the person who shared it, does some internet sleuthing, obtains in real life identity of the person who posted this. He goes to Facebook, screen caps original comment with guys pic and name.

4) Shameless doxxing. McKnight shares the uncensored screenshot on his Facebook page, and then even contacts media, which got picked up by some atheist news outlet which runs a story on it.

5) The TBM ASSHOLE and his family then start getting harassed in real life, with people even calling his employer trying to get him fired.

6) In midst of all this McKnight shared links/references to dox material on reddit. /r/exmormon bans him, citing this incident and other reasons. It seems they are generally just kind of tired of his ____. But also seems to be very hypocritical, a culture war/power struggle between McKnight and Dehlin is what's really going on. Dehlin of course chimes in.

7) As always, if drama, Dehlin will be there, running his mouth or filming with his camera or both. Honorable mention, immediately prior to all this there was other drama because Dehlin was spreading rumors about Monson's death day before conference, apparently trying to scoop the story.

8) Reddit users freak out, admins start handing out bans left and right. Everybody choosing sides.

Wow I missed all of the Drama. Ryan knows better than to Dox anyone...come to think of it did I dox someone when I posted the story on that CountryBoy dude? That said, this TBM asshole deserves to be held accountable for his tasteless, holier than thou, sanctimonious comments. what a Bastard. At least he self admitted to being an ass hole, he does have that going for him.

As to the larger issue taking place within the exmormon movement. When we were all active believers we all looked to the so called prophet as our collective leader, once we were cut lose from the church we became individuals, independent of the other, getting us all to agree on anyone or anything, other then the total absurdity of Mormonism, is just not going to happen. Like feathers released in a wind storm...we are free to go our own way , make out own choices and be who ever we choose to be.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Craig Paxton wrote:That said, this TBM asshole deserves to be held accountable for his tasteless, holier than thou, sanctimonious comments. what a Bastard. At least he self admitted to being an ass hole, he does have that going for him.

How do you feel about people trying to get him fired from his job?

- Doc

_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Craig Paxton wrote:That said, this TBM asshole deserves to be held accountable for his tasteless, holier than thou, sanctimonious comments. what a Bastard. At least he self admitted to being an ass hole, he does have that going for him.

How do you feel about people trying to get him fired from his job?

- Doc

I don't support that level of consequences...
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka