Head Shot to Atheism: Why Only Smart People Hate God

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Head Shot to Atheism: Why Only Smart People Hate God

Post by _Nightlion »

Those who crave themselves being the smartest are at the same time aware enough that, IF God made all things, their desire to be the smartest guy on the block is not just denied, it is crushed to powder and totally blown away. This explains how they revel in blasphemy and rather than simply be content in the assurance that they are as smart as anyone ever could be, they harp against God endlessly.

Sounds like a mental disorder.

They harp that there is NO evidence, when all things prove God. I mean, DUH! If there is a God then all things DO prove him. Since all things do exist then the fact that there is a God is a given.

Stop the madness.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Head Shot to Atheism: Why Only Smart People Hate God

Post by _Philo Sofee »

NL wrote:Stop the madness.

You first.....
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

I know a lot of smart people who don't believe in god, but no one I know hates him. Trump maybe, but not god.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey sunstoned! :smile:

sunstoned wrote:I know a lot of smart people who don't believe in god

Talk about an oxymoron!

(Just kidding) :razz:

Peace,
Ceeboo
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Nightlion wrote:Those who crave themselves being the smartest are at the same time aware enough that, IF God made all things, their desire to be the smartest guy on the block is not just denied, it is crushed to powder and totally blown away. This explains how they revel in blasphemy and rather than simply be content in the assurance that they are as smart as anyone ever could be, they harp against God endlessly.

They harp that there is NO evidence, when all things prove God. I mean, DUH! If there is a God then all things DO prove him. Since all things do exist then the fact that there is a God is a given.

Stop the madness.

Is the basic premise here that every smart person despises anyone or anything that s/he perceives might be smarter, therefore smart people hate God?
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Philo Sofee wrote:
NL wrote:Stop the madness.

You first.....

Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Plenty of smart people and people who want to "be the smartest" believe in God. I can certainly relate to that from my believing days. As the fifth child, and a girl, being smart was one way to get the finite commodity of attention available at home, at school, and at church. Over time, though, that desire to be the smartest turned into the desire just to align myself with truth as much as I could. It became less about being smart and more about loving truth.

Nightlion, I think you could be more productive here if you could acknowledge that people of all stripes, including atheists, can be lovers of truth and seekers of truth, and can have integrity.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Nightlion wrote:Those who crave themselves being the smartest are at the same time aware enough that, IF God made all things, their desire to be the smartest guy on the block is not just denied, it is crushed to powder and totally blown away. This explains how they revel in blasphemy and rather than simply be content in the assurance that they are as smart as anyone ever could be, they harp against God endlessly.

Stop the madness.

Different people have different kinds of intelligence and levels of intelligence. No one has a monopoly on truth.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

So the logical inversion of "Only smart people hate God" would be "Only dumb people love God"