Head Shot to Atheism: Why Only Smart People Hate God

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: Head Shot to Atheism: Why Only Smart People Hate God

Post by _canpakes »

Gadianton wrote:Isn't it possible that a person dumb or smart who obsessively works out hates God because God is so much stronger and doesn't even have to go to the gym?

Funny that you mention this. Although he's much stronger now, God never canceled his old gym membership. That's a lot of money to throw away after so many billion years.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Gadianton wrote:Isn't it possible that a person dumb or smart who obsessively works out hates God because God is so much stronger and doesn't even have to go to the gym?

There is no reason to assume God is buff. He is meek and lowly of heart. No decent physical narcissist could be envy moved.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

RockSlider wrote:Ok, as I'm living/enjoying the day, the present, this life, let me see does any of that fear based religion BS move me anymore? Nope. That in itself must be a sin right? But in the meantime you keep reading up on your "Armageddon, The Christian's Guide to the End Days" Perhaps you should submit a chapter on your area of greatest expertise, the condemnation of the wicked.

Of course only you who has had the true BoF will pass the test. But how glorious will be that day! Pray God it's tomorrow!

I can imagine your spiritual pain at having tried so earnestly for so many years only to fail and be clueless as to why that is.

Could it be that you were never chosen? That God knew you had god-hate at heart and not true righteousness? Therefore you could not be drawn to come unto Christ acceptably and take his name with full purpose of heart that he might make you a true son. And is this why you spit at me?
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Nightlion wrote:I can imagine your spiritual pain at having tried so earnestly for so many years only to fail and be clueless as to why that is.

Could it be that you were never chosen? That God knew you had god-hate at heart and not true righteousness? Therefore you could not be drawn to come unto Christ acceptably and take his name with full purpose of heart that he might make you a true son. And is this why you spit at me?

I think you are onto something here. Yes I very much wondered why the promise of ask and it shall be given you, and what father having a son asking for a loaf will give him a stone?

It seems I should have been born black? It seems I must not have been valent enough in the premortal existence. It seems the failure of my soul, intelligence and being is so fundamentally flawed that my fate, my predestiny is a worthiness justified to only receiving a stone. It seems the promise is only to the chosen, like the leaders of the Church, and of course you.

I spit at you because of how screwed up this thinking is.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Nightlion wrote:Those who crave themselves being the smartest are at the same time aware enough that, IF God made all things, their desire to be the smartest guy on the block is not just denied, it is crushed to powder and totally blown away. This explains how they revel in blasphemy and rather than simply be content in the assurance that they are as smart as anyone ever could be, they harp against God endlessly.

Sounds like a mental disorder.

They harp that there is NO evidence, when all things prove God. I mean, DUH! If there is a God then all things DO prove him. Since all things do exist then the fact that there is a God is a given.

Stop the madness.

Is it worse to think you're the smartest person on the block or the most righteous?
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

A majority of Americans believe themselves to be religious and God-fearing. Perhaps they do not fear God as much as NL does, but the US is considered a Christian Nation nonetheless.

When it comes to measured intelligence, NL would claim that those with higher IQ scores would tend to hate God (NL's words, not mine).

In contrast to the US; Japan, Finland, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Flanders-Belgium, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, and Korea are considered secular nations.

Adults in all of these countries (and a lot more) scored significantly higher on IQ tests, especially when it came to problem solving ( i.e. critical thinking and analysis), than did adult Americans.

In fact, America was in the 9th ranking group in IQ, behind such countries as Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Canada, Poland, most of Western Europe including Germany and the UK - and Mongolia (yes, Mongolia).

Some of these countries are in direct competition with the US for providing technology and goods and services to the rest of the world.

So, perhaps NL is right. These data suggest that smart people tend to be secular people, and not religious people.

https://nypost.com/2013/10/08/us-adults-are-dumber-than-the-average-human/

https://iq-research.information/en/page/average-iq-by-country
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

RockSlider wrote:
Nightlion wrote:I can imagine your spiritual pain at having tried so earnestly for so many years only to fail and be clueless as to why that is.

I think you are onto something here. Yes I very much wondered why the promise of ask and it shall be given you, and what father having a son asking for a loaf will give him a stone?

It seems I should have been born black? It seems I must not have been valent enough in the premortal existence. It seems the failure of my soul, intelligence and being is so fundamentally flawed that my fate, my predestiny is a worthiness justified to only receiving a stone. It seems the promise is only to the chosen, like the leaders of the Church, and of course you.

I spit at you because of how ____ up this thinking is.

Seems like most of you guys have made the same big mistake. I opined to Philo Sofee on my other thread when I noticed this error:

So the endearment Mormons rest in with God is a false God who never begot them as his children through the continuation of the seeds with a wife made up for the fantasy. We are to be spiritually begotten by the word of his power when he puts the name of Christ upon us in his new creation of us. That is his Eternal Fatherhood at work again. There is nothing carnal or sensual about God. Pete's sake.

So the attachment you crave is nonexistent. And if this is why you rebelled thinking you had some right with God, being HIS dear child already you have fooled yourself with the rest of Adam's posterity....especially those damn Mormon hypocrites who cast out the righteous and think that the do God service.

Further explanation

Obviously you never read my New Mormon Theology link down there in my sig. We are no more the children of the Most High God than he is the Eternal Father of all creatures. D&C 93 talks about him appointed intelligence or the light of truth, which cannot be created or made, to independent spheres of existence. This is not only humans being so appointed.

Next is the fact that God is NOT a sexual being. He does all things by the word of his power. Even the intelligence appointments are made by his commands. And, interestingly enough, all three of the Godhead are united in the Eternal Father work of commanding light into independent organizations, hence: All three are The Very Eternal Father as it says so about Christ in the Book of Mormon.

Who was commanded to multiply and replenish the earth TWICE? Adam and Eve. First they finished all the hosts thereof BEFORE they were placed into the Garden of Eden. Having finished all the seeds 'out of the world' meaning spirit body seeds as exalted parents who continue the seeds BOTH in the world and out of the world, they then were given clay to assimilate a physical frame in the garden and after transgression the transformation was complete from Exaltation to fallen physical beings. All those who have eternal life go from exaltation to exaltation. It is THERE eternal round that they CONTINUE and that is why they are 'called' gods because they CONTINUE just as God continues on his eternal round as Joseph Smith declared that Jesus treads in the tracks of the Father and inherits where the Father is. As Jesus told the Jews in John 6 'what and if you shall see me ascend up to where I was BEFORE.....meaning sitting upon the very throne of power as the Celestial city will be brought to this earth and this earth IS Christ's.

Couple of scriptures

D&C 130:9
9 This earth, in its sanctified and immortal state, will be made like unto crystal and will be a Urim and Thummim to the inhabitants who dwell thereon, whereby all things pertaining to an inferior kingdom, or all kingdoms of a lower order, will be manifest to those who dwell on it; and this earth will be Christ’s.

D&C 35:1
1 Listen to the voice of the Lord your God, even Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, whose course is one eternal round, the same today as yesterday, and forever.

I am not the enemy of you that you are of me.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

DrW wrote:A majority of Americans believe themselves to be religious and God-fearing. Perhaps they do not fear God as much as NL does, but the US is considered a Christian Nation nonetheless.

When it comes to measured intelligence, NL would claim that those with higher IQ scores would tend to hate God (NL's words, not mine).

In contrast to the US; Japan, Finland, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Flanders-Belgium, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, and Korea are considered secular nations.

Adults in all of these countries (and a lot more) scored significantly higher on IQ tests, especially when it came to problem solving ( i.e. critical thinking and analysis), than did adult Americans.

In fact, America was in the 9th ranking group in IQ, behind such countries as Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Canada, Poland, most of Western Europe including Germany and the UK - and Mongolia (yes, Mongolia).

Some of these countries are in direct competition with the US for providing technology and goods and services to the rest of the world.

So, perhaps NL is right. These data suggest that smart people tend to be secular people, and not religious people.

https://nypost.com/2013/10/08/us-adults-are-dumber-than-the-average-human/

https://iq-research.information/en/page/average-iq-by-country

I give a pass to most of the world. Secular is not atheist or immoral. And certainly not rabid God haters. In fact The Apocalrock sighting I assigned to the Eastern People of the world, excepting all Muslims, is that they are not held accountable before the Lord, not having true prophets ever. As their traditions show that they seek to rise above their mythical demons, and for the most part doing quite well at it, the world is spared a day of judgment for a season precisely because of the virtue of the heathen nations, with their billions, and that justifies God to stay his wrath upon the world.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

If there isn't a God, there is nothing to hate. I can't hate what is not in evidence.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

What I hate are the bigoted lunatics who use "God" to foist their own delusions on the public and then spout bitter rants about how they are great "prophets" and everyone else are full of hate towards "God".

The lunatic is on the grass.

Merry Smithmas
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.