Evidence for Historicity of the Exodus Led by Moses

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Re: Evidence for Historicity of the Exodus Led by Moses

Post by _Themis »

bcuzbcuz wrote:In the museum of sacred relics, on these same grounds, the walking staff of Moses can be viewed. This is the actual staff used by Moses as he walked through the desert and the same staff he carried up to Mt Sinai.

Sorry but that staff is in my garage. :wink:
_bcuzbcuz
_Emeritus

Post by _bcuzbcuz »

Themis wrote:
bcuzbcuz wrote:In the museum of sacred relics, on these same grounds, the walking staff of Moses can be viewed. This is the actual staff used by Moses as he walked through the desert and the same staff he carried up to Mt Sinai.

Sorry but that staff is in my garage. :wink:

Wow. I did not know that. All praise the staff of Themis.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love...you make. PMcC
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

The evidence is that there is no evidence. The Egyptians destroyed all the evidence because they were so embarrassed at being out Godded by the Jews.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Just like the evidence for the Book of Mormon. God has altered and hid it. BELIEVE!!!!
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Res Ipsa wrote:The evidence is that there is no evidence. The Egyptians destroyed all the evidence because they were so embarrassed at being out Godded by the Jews.

As good a explanation as any..... :wink:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."