Utah Texan Strikes Back!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Utah Texan Strikes Back!

Post by _consiglieri »

Do you remember that guy some found obnoxious who posted here as "Utah Texan"?

The guy who left the church, became an anti-Mormon, then returned to the church and had the meeting with Elder (then President) Uchtdorf?

Looks like he has posted a video on YouTube of his experience, where he reveals his real name.

https://www.Facebook.com/HiFiveLive/vid ... f=mentions

In case anybody is interested!

All the Best!

--Consiglieri
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Utah Texan Strikes Back!

Post by _moksha »

Does the timeline he gives in the video jive with our experience of Utah Texan/Country Boy?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Awesome.

Did I hear correctly, or did UtahTexan insinuate the three Nephites bought his house so he could move to Utah?

He sure has seen a lot of miracles. A LOT. And none of it can be coincidence, because as UtahTexan so unelegantly states, "there is no such thing as coincidence. WTF? He got a blessing from the missionaries and was instantly healed of the swine flu. That is great. God is awesome and can heal sickness and such, but he still is unable to grow a limb. Why is that?
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

cwald wrote:Awesome.

Did I hear correctly, or did UtahTexan insinuate the three Nephites bought his house so he could move to Utah?

He sure has seen a lot of miracles. A LOT. And none of it can be coincidence, because as UtahTexan so unelegantly states, "there is no such thing as coincidence. WTF? He got a blessing from the missionaries and was instantly healed of the swine flu. That is great. God is awesome and can heal sickness and such, but he still is unable to grow a limb. Why is that?

To test our faith silly, what, you expect God to do ALL miracles instead of just some of the easier ones for Him? God originally created the first limb, if you are dumb enough to lose it, don't blame God. :wink:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

What makes you think it's UtahTexan?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

I like the part about Garden Girl. He thought she was hitting on him. lol.

She is a nice lady. he's lucky to have connected with her.

The other parts come off a bit silly to me. But he can play his celebrity a bit, I guess, since he does Firesides everywhere, as he tells us.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Is this the same putz who was going to fight Doc somewhere over somedumbass****ingthing? :lol:
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Post by _JLHPROF »

Stem wrote:I like the part about Garden Girl. He thought she was hitting on him. lol.

She is a nice lady. he's lucky to have connected with her.

Amen to that.

Also, his entire journey has played out on the MD&D board from 2011 to today, including that video.
http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/56103-i-am-so-torn/?page=20
Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. - Joseph Smith
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Dr. Shades wrote:What makes you think it's UtahTexan?

At some point not too long ago, I was made aware (though I can't remember how) that Utah Texan was the same guy who claimed to have a special meeting with then-President Uchtdorf, who referenced him (though not by name) in a General Conference Talk.

I saw this video which sounded like it could be Utah Texan, and fast-forwarded to a little past the middle, where I heard him talking about his experience with President Uchtdorf.

it seemed a likely connection.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

JLHPROF wrote:Amen to that.

Also, his entire journey has played out on the MD&D board from 2011 to today, including that video.
http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/56103-i-am-so-torn/?page=20

It appears I was right, then.

Utah Texan/Country Boy posted on the other board:

Has been wild. I have done 8 Firesides in Utah and Texas and set for 15 more so far in Utah, Colorado, and California. I have many more requests from all over the world. The Lord has brought me a long way from anti-Mormon days.

I am glad Utah Texan's return to full activity has earned him the recognition he so richly deserves.