Ungrateful, nosy, Church members

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Re: Ungrateful, nosy, Church members

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Thank you, folks, for continuing to share your stories. It makes me feel less alone. I appreciate hearing about your experiences.
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Nightlion wrote:
Jesse Pinkman wrote:Has anyone else encountered anything like this? I would love to hear your stories.

When I moved into my first house that I actually owned, even though already exed out of the Church for ten years I went up and bore my testimony of Christ and his gospel. My oldest daughter was crying seeing it. They eventually got the news about my status. They allowed me to attend the High Priest group. My son was 12 soon and got ordained by the Bishop.

I told my home teacher who was the Bishop's councilor, I think what I thought about the new Junior High decorated with tons of witchcraft where he taught seminary. His son was enthusiastic to hear it. My youngest daughter was 'chosen' to be a student body officer. IMAGINE THAT. She is a perfect cutie. They were setting up my daughter and fully pulled away from her after lifting her up. She never made friends in Junior High for three years there. BITCHES!

That home teacher brought his wife once and I performed a song about 911 on my keyboard. She complimented me and her husband was less impressed. It was not all that, I admit. Especially my vocal 'lack' of actually putting a performance behind my singing. If you know what I mean.

Turned out that both my home teacher and the bishop's wife got cancer. The home teacher's wife died. On the other hand the Bishop came over hat in hand and begged me to allow him to do something for us. And it was very helpful as I did need some financial help for a couple of months and he gladly helped. He was really shook up about his wife and must have been to seek to clean his slate of whomever might have been offended. His wife recovered.

It was unforgivable what the girls did to my youngest beautiful daughter.

I’m so sorry to hear about this, Nightlion. Girls in junior high can be very cruel. My girls didn’t hang out with too many Church members because they tended to be crueler than the other girls in school. The bottom fell out of my older daughter’s social life when her cousin was killed in an accident when they were both in the 7th grade. They had been like sisters, only 6 weeks apart. My daughter was never the same after the incident.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Markk »

consiglieri wrote:I think this story illustrates the sense of entitlement Mormonism engenders in some of its members.

They are entitled to what you have, whether it is your time or property.

They feel entitled to pry into your private life.

They feel entitled to judge you.

Why this should be I am not entirely certain.

But as an attorney, I have more than once encountered Mormons who feel entitled to my services just because I am the same religion.

Try being in construction. People think I can go build a room addition for nothing on my weekends for free or for a "deal."

But in all honesty Consig...Mormons don't corner the market on this. I have remodeled a few Christian church buildings for free...it starts out with 20 people on the first saturday, and then three weeks later its me and the other few "construction" guys alone..
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Markk wrote:
consiglieri wrote:I think this story illustrates the sense of entitlement Mormonism engenders in some of its members.

They are entitled to what you have, whether it is your time or property.

They feel entitled to pry into your private life.

They feel entitled to judge you.

Why this should be I am not entirely certain.

But as an attorney, I have more than once encountered Mormons who feel entitled to my services just because I am the same religion.

Try being in construction. People think I can go build a room addition for nothing on my weekends for free or for a "deal."

But in all honesty Consig...Mormons don't corner the market on this. I have remodeled a few Christian church buildings for free...it starts out with 20 people on the first saturday, and then three weeks later its me and the other few "construction" guys alone..

This just isn’t right.

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Markk wrote:Try being in construction. People think I can go build a room addition for nothing on my weekends for free or for a "deal."

You're a professional, and you should be paid like one. The work you posted here is perfection. I hope you get compensated to make up for that nonsense.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Markk wrote:Try being in construction. People think I can go build a room addition for nothing on my weekends for free or for a "deal."

You're a professional, and you should be paid like one. The work you posted here is perfection. I hope you get compensated to make up for that nonsense.

- Doc

Entitlement mentality seems to be running rampant in our society, and we are rapidly teaching it to our kids. It is very scary. Markk, I'm with Doc. You are a professional, and your time is worth money. I hope that you are compensated as you deserve to be.

Post by _bcuzbcuz »

Ceeboo wrote:
Jesse Pinkman wrote:Do you think that the entitlement attitude has to do with the Law of Consecration?

No, I think it has to do with the Law of Constipation.

Peace,
Ceeboo

ba-dum-tss

https://youtu.be/g-4-gLlF0uw?t=2
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love...you make. PMcC
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

Markk, think of it as a stipend....
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

I have a question wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:You're a professional, and you should be paid like one. The work you posted here is perfection. I hope you get compensated to make up for that nonsense.

- Doc

Markk, think of it as a stipend....

Now THAT made me literally laugh out loud. :lol: :lol: :lol: