Ungrateful, nosy, Church members

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Re: Ungrateful, nosy, Church members

Post by _RockSlider »

Dr. Shades wrote:Jesse:

You realize that she didn't need the T.V., didn't want the T.V., and has no use for the T.V. . . that she only used it as a pretext to be able to get into your home, examine the surroundings, and create a one-on-one setting so she could ask you intrusive questions, right?

sounds about right.
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

I feel some guilt though, I should have just taken it back and given it to a charity of some sort.

BUT AT THE TIME I WAS PISSED!!

It was like having a street beggar complain that you gave them a bottle of water instead of money, especially when their sign reads "Anything Helps"
Last edited by Guest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
Tator wrote:If it was me they would have been shown the door in about 30 seconds and would never have left with the TV.

But Jesse Pinkman it is obvious you are kinder and more forgiving than I am.

That woman's husband was the ONLY reason I allowed them to take the TV. As I stated previously, he is a wonderful person, and was a great primary teacher for my son. My son is autistic, and he was very caring and understanding with him. My goal was to help HIM out, not her.

I feel sorry for him. He has to LIVE with her!

I understand and your post proves my last sentence very convincingly. Sometimes you can't help being a class act.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Now from the other perspective I think Mormonicious' response was also a class act. Something closer to what I would do.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Tator wrote:Now from the other perspective I think Mormonicious' response was also a class act. Something closer to what I would do.

I agree. And thank you, Tator. You have always been a wonderful support.
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

RockSlider wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:Jesse:

You realize that she didn't need the T.V., didn't want the T.V., and has no use for the T.V. . . that she only used it as a pretext to be able to get into your home, examine the surroundings, and create a one-on-one setting so she could ask you intrusive questions, right?

sounds about right.

That may be the case. I just hadn't thought about it that way.
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _candygal »

I have a question wrote:As a later-life unmarried but actively dating member, I had an older unrelated ward member enquire as to how my relationship was going. In response I enquired as to how active their sex life was. They looked shocked and said how rude and it was none of my business. ‘Exactly’ I said, and walked away.

You have to be blunt and rude before Mormons understand they’ve crossed a boundary, and even then....

:lol: :lol: I am so loving this!! Way to go.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:This rude woman, who I had not spoken to in close to 20 years, very snidely said, "Well, I didn't know that your parents were LIVING with you."

I didn't really understand what the big deal was, and it was very rude of her to say something like that anyway with my Mom standing right there.

"I said, yes, they are."

She said, "How long are they going to be staying with you?"

Jersey Girl: Why do you need to know that?

Her: Oh I was just curious.

Jersey Girl: Are you here to collect a television?

Her: Yes.

Jersey Girl: Well let's go get it so you can be on your way.

Boom, done, gone.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Perrrrrrfect Mormoniscious! :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Mormonicious wrote:My solution was a simple one, "Here let me see that", SPLASH!, I dropped it into the fountain and pond I have at my front door entrance.

As they stood there mouths gaping, my only remark was, "well now the problems it has won't be a bother to you."

Love this!

The next time I saw my neighbor, he was all apologetic, saying that this particular family, though both parents are unemployed, believe that it is their right to expect the best when it comes to charity.

:lol:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb