Ungrateful, nosy, Church members

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Re: Ungrateful, nosy, Church members

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

candygal wrote:
I have a question wrote:As a later-life unmarried but actively dating member, I had an older unrelated ward member enquire as to how my relationship was going. In response I enquired as to how active their sex life was. They looked shocked and said how rude and it was none of my business. ‘Exactly’ I said, and walked away.

You have to be blunt and rude before Mormons understand they’ve crossed a boundary, and even then....

:lol: :lol: I am so loving this!! Way to go.

Me too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Thanks to everyone for giving me some great laughs and making me feel better. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Mormonicious wrote:I feel some guilt though, I should have just taken it back and given it to a charity of some sort.

BUT AT THE TIME I WAS PISSED!!

It was like having a street beggar complain that you gave them a bottle of water instead of money, especially when their sign reads "Anything Helps"

Yeah. I think we should have a funeral for the laptop. God, it wasn't a Mac, was it? Macs are sacred. :eek:

Ask Polygamy Porter. He and I have often gotten into discussions of the reverence of Mac...the God of Mac...etc. Macbooks rule!

Post by _Mormonicious »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
Mormonicious wrote:I feel some guilt though, I should have just taken it back and given it to a charity of some sort.

It was like having a street beggar complain that you gave them a bottle of water instead of money, especially when their sign reads "Anything Helps"

Yeah. I think we should have a funeral for the laptop. God, it wasn't a Mac, was it? Macs are sacred. :eek:

Ask Polygamy Porter. He and I have often gotten into discussions of the reverence of Mac...the God of Mac...etc. Macbooks rule!

Nope, not a Mac. We need ours for (and also to) work
Last edited by Guest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:

Mormonicious wrote:Nope, not a Mac. We need ours for work

Whew! What a relief!!!

Post by _Nightlion »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:Has anyone else encountered anything like this? I would love to hear your stories.

When I moved into my first house that I actually owned, even though already exed out of the Church for ten years I went up and bore my testimony of Christ and his gospel. My oldest daughter was crying seeing it. They eventually got the news about my status. They allowed me to attend the High Priest group. My son was 12 soon and got ordained by the Bishop.

I told my home teacher who was the Bishop's councilor, I think what I thought about the new Junior High decorated with tons of witchcraft where he taught seminary. His son was enthusiastic to hear it. My youngest daughter was 'chosen' to be a student body officer. IMAGINE THAT. She is a perfect cutie. They were setting up my daughter and fully pulled away from her after lifting her up. She never made friends in Junior High for three years there. BITCHES!

That home teacher brought his wife once and I performed a song about 911 on my keyboard. She complimented me and her husband was less impressed. It was not all that, I admit. Especially my vocal 'lack' of actually putting a performance behind my singing. If you know what I mean.

Turned out that both my home teacher and the bishop's wife got cancer. The home teacher's wife died. On the other hand the Bishop came over hat in hand and begged me to allow him to do something for us. And it was very helpful as I did need some financial help for a couple of months and he gladly helped. He was really shook up about his wife and must have been to seek to clean his slate of whomever might have been offended. His wife recovered.

It was unforgivable what the girls did to my youngest beautiful daughter.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

My exit story from the church was one big such disaster:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45852&p=1049787#p1049787

After the tenant/ward member punched out my husband, the police wanted to charge them both because the neighbor claimed that my husband was pushing him (when he was not.) Police told them both that if they both confessed, paid a fine, and attended one day of anger management training, they would not be pursued further. The other guy signed and did his day, my husband refused because he had done nothing wrong. It's been more than a year and we haven't heard a word from the police.

It's a tiny bit of justice, but still gratifying. It is now on public record that the guy confessed to criminal behavior. Most of all, they moved out last February.

He's still at the ward, though. Even before the punching incident, the guy had already threatened to kill my husband and harassed my daughter and done other intimidating crap, so I was pretty traumatized having him next door. Now I bring my teen son but just sit in the hall the second and third hour. We also have ushers because of the terrorist attacks on churches in France, and that helps me feel safer with the guy around.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
moksha wrote:Liz was gracious and that is all that matters.

Shift to defensive
Shift to meek
Stand up
Sit down
Shriek, shriek, shriek

Yay Liz!

Thanks, Moksha. I love how supportive you always are. :biggrin:

thanks from east europe

moksha is always supportive.

ALWAYS.
that is why i like him. hip hip penguin!

the only thing i don't understand that HIS associations - which do us to think about - reconsiderate - but my ones are ending up at outer darkness.
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

candygal wrote:What a bitch.

Bingo.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Kishkumen wrote:
candygal wrote:What a bitch.

Bingo.

Thanks for that. I couldn’t agree more.