Dan Peterson, Right on Cue! Book of Mormon Possibly True

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Dan Peterson, Right on Cue! Book of Mormon Possibly True

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Philo Sofee wrote:Excellent graphic Simon! A picture is worth 1,000,000 words...

Hmm, I've never heard it put, "a picture is worth a million words."

You have now......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
Maksutov wrote:Wonder what Meldrum's take will be...? :lol:

Rod has waaaay more follower and paying customers than Dan ever or will ever have.

Chapel Mormonism rules.

I very much agree. They are going to go by what the prophets have stated in General Conference and what Joseph Smith stated.
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Question- If the Book of Mormon supposedly occurred in Mesoamerica, why does the Church sponsored pageant still occur in New York? The Church hasn’t put its money where it’s mouth is as far as this theory, has it?
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Dr Exiled »

DNA, DNA, DNA ... when will mopologists come to grips with this remarkable science? By the way, its probably a big reason someone like Ann Taves presumes Mormonism is made up. Or maybe she couldn't get past the seer stone and the invented plates no one could see with their natural eyes ....?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_bcuzbcuz
_Emeritus

Post by _bcuzbcuz »

Simon Southerton wrote:
This image from a 2017 paper illustrates where admixed European DNA in Native Americans is most likely to have come from in Europe. What the scientists have done is essentially merged geographical and genome DNA data together and plotted it in a way that reveals where the admixed DNA in Native Americans is most likely to have come from. If you ignore the black/grey dots, you will notice a couple of thousand coloured spots (letters actually) that each represent people from European countries, arranged roughly in accordance with the map over to the right. They then analysed the European DNA in Native Americans and plotted it on the same graph (black and grey dots). Notice how virtually all of their DNA appears over the Iberian Peninsula. Some Argentinian DNA aligns more with Italy (RH graph) which is completely consistent with its colonisation history.

An interesting graph.....because?

The DNA study originally stated is taken from 633 Mayans. Your graph is a study of Native Americans. NOT the same thing. Would a study of Native Americans show links throughout Europe? Yes, of course. Anyone who has spent time on reserves or involved with concrete natives throughout North America could see that with a blindfold on.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love...you make. PMcC
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:Question- If the Book of Mormon supposedly occurred in Mesoamerica, why does the Church sponsored pageant still occur in New York? The Church hasn’t put its money where it’s mouth is as far as this theory, has it?

Interesting point... on the other hand, the cost of annually flying down to Mesoamerica to see a play would probably dissuade myriads of Saints from experiencing the Spirit telling them they are directly on sacred ground.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Philo Sofee wrote:http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeterson/2018/02/a-maya-megalopolis.html

Time to quit fighting the truth and go back to church and pay tithing, the Mayan Megatropolis is in favor of the Book of Mormon. :rolleyes:

If only the Holy Ghost hadn't spoken to Harold B. Lee so soon in a General Conference back in the 1970's that the Book of Mormon happened in New York State.......dang!

It is interesting that our friend Dan Peterson doesn't quote from Jacob 7:26 within his blog.

[26] And it came to pass that I, Jacob, began to be old; and the record of this people being kept on the other plates of Nephi, wherefore, I conclude this record, declaring that I have written according to the best of my knowledge, by saying that the time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream, we being a lonesome and a solemn people, wanderers, cast out from Jerusalem, born in tribulation, in a wilderness, and hated of our brethren, which caused wars and contentions; wherefore, we did mourn out our days.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

Silly apostates. The church essays on dna has colors and balls and funnel thingies...ergo the church is true and all your science & admixture is for not. Remember the church has lots of colored balls.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Mahujah
_Emeritus

Post by _Mahujah »

Simon Southerton wrote:The vast majority comes from Spain and Portugal. I'll see if I can upload an image. This very powerful analysis clearly shows that the 1-2% of admixed DNA in Native Americans is derived from places other than the Middle East.

But there are other studies showing the opposite, that quite a bit of non-native DNA comes from the Middle East, via Spain and Potugal. Sephardic Jews and Conversos most likely.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/01/23/252155

"Historical records and genetic analyses indicate that Latin Americans trace their ancestry mainly to the admixture of Native Americans, Europeans and Sub-Saharan Africans. Using novel haplotype-based methods here we infer the sub-populations involved in admixture for over 6,500 Latin Americans and evaluate the impact of sub-continental ancestry on the physical appearance of these individuals. We find that pre-Columbian Native genetic structure is mirrored in Latin Americans and that sources of non-Native ancestry, and admixture timings, match documented migratory flows. We also detect South/East Mediterranean ancestry across Latin America, probably stemming from the clandestine colonial migration of Christian converts of non-European origin (Conversos). Furthermore, we find that Central Andean ancestry impacts on variation of facial features in Latin Americans, particularly nose morphology, possibly relating to environmental adaptation during the evolution of Native Americans."
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Exiled wrote:DNA, DNA, DNA ... when will mopologists come to grips with this remarkable science?

You'd think they'd know something what with the church collecting data for years.

Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb