Rob Porter resigns from White House staff

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shinster
_Emeritus

Re: Rob Porter resigns from White House staff

Post by _Shinster »

I have a question wrote:Isn’t the question wether the Church still considers him Mormon?

That's a question (I'm pretty sure they do consider him a Mormon), but personally I'm more interested in whether he considers himself Mormon.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Orinn Hatch has gone on the record to defend him as a good person and to advocate against him resigning.

There's a pile of evidence he batters women, but apparently that's not enough to even refrain from praising his character.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

moksha wrote:We will know for sure once he joins the law firm of Kirton McConkie.

Or is appointed to be the new Lafferty Chair Professor at the J. Reuben Clark Law School of BYU.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shinster
_Emeritus

Post by _Shinster »

EAllusion wrote:Orinn Hatch has gone on the record to defend him as a good person and to advocate against him resigning.

There's a pile of evidence he batters women, but apparently that's not enough to even refrain from praising his character.

Hatch actually took that back:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lence.html

Less than 15 hours later, however, after DailyMail.com published the black-eye photos and Porter resigned his position, Hatch backpedaled and said he didn't know what Porter may have done in the years before he knew him.

'I am heartbroken by today's allegations,' Hatch said in a statement to reporters.

'In every interaction I've had with Rob, he has been courteous, professional, and respectful. My staff loved him and he was a trusted advisor.'

I do not know the details of Rob's personal life. Domestic violence in any form is abhorrent and unacceptable. I am praying for Rob and those involved,' he said.
_Shinster
_Emeritus

Post by _Shinster »

There is now a third woman who he was living with before he started dating Hope Hicks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... bused.html
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

EAllusion wrote:Orinn Hatch has gone on the record to defend him as a good person and to advocate against him resigning.

Disgusting.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Shinster wrote:

Hatch actually took that back:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lence.html

Less than 15 hours later, however, after DailyMail.com published the black-eye photos and Porter resigned his position, Hatch backpedaled and said he didn't know what Porter may have done in the years before he knew him.

'I am heartbroken by today's allegations,' Hatch said in a statement to reporters.

'In every interaction I've had with Rob, he has been courteous, professional, and respectful. My staff loved him and he was a trusted advisor.'

I do not know the details of Rob's personal life. Domestic violence in any form is abhorrent and unacceptable. I am praying for Rob and those involved,' he said.
Frank Thorp of NBC News is reporting that he recently spoke to Hatch where Hatch reiterated his advice not to resign, praised him professionally, and described him as basically a good person. This is after the comments you linked.

Link

_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Hatch has always been a moral midget.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Priesthood ALWAYS trumps (no pun intended) Commodities.

Translated in to common terms. Take your beatings and shut-up Bitches.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Sad story. He should have resigned and he should have been prosecuted for domestic violence. That black eye photo looks like pretty good evidence against him.

The fact that the repos came to his defense shows once again how team politics is horrible for the country.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen