Mormon Missionaries threaten my life on two occasions

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mittens
_Emeritus

Mormon Missionaries threaten my life on two occasions

Post by _Mittens »

1. Couple of years ago I was in Sunnyside Washington and I was talking to couple young boys at the Mormon Chapel and I mentioned the story of back in the 1970s when my brother-in-law had left the Mormon religion when the Mormon Bishop named George Johnson had lied about the Mormon religion and said Mormons don’t teach God was an an exalted man. This infuriated the young man and he lunged at me and the other young missionary got in between me and him. I found out later this young man was George Johnson’s grandson "Colby Johnson" who was a martial arts expert who practiced with the Army Rangers.

2. Last Friday 2/17/2018 I was chatting with some Mormon missionaries at the local Stake on 5th avenue in Vancouver Washington and the Missionaries threatened me with a harassment charge and then said my life would end soon, I grinned and said I’m 71 years old so I’ve already lived longer than what the Bible has promised. I then replied is the council of 50 around the corner or a Porter Rockefeller “Avenging Angel” I believe the person who threatened me was Elder Stevens which is an Oxy Moron since he was a very young man

So, life can be dangerous talking to Mormon Missionaries , So please pray for my protection since believe the Doctrine and Covenants

And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25).

And again, verily I say, whomsoever you bless I will bless, and whomsoever you curse I will curse, saith the Lord; for I, the Lord, am thy God” Doctrine and Covenants 132:47

[Moderator Note: Please don't use red to highlight text. See universal rule 2]
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon Missionaries threaten my life on two occasions

Post by _Maksutov »

So you have a hobby of provoking Mormon missionaries?
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Mittens
_Emeritus

Post by _Mittens »

Maksutov wrote:So you have a hobby of provoking Mormon missionaries?

When Mormon Missionaries are Proselytizing a Christian is that provoking a Christian ? :lol:
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Man it's a good thing "Christians" have never persecuted anyone now isn't it? I mean glass houses and all that sort of thing. And I could go into the turning the other cheek being a Christian thing too.

At a minimum we could agree there is no way to tell if what you say is true or just made up.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

A pious PITA is a pious PITA.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Mittens
_Emeritus

Post by _Mittens »

Fence Sitter wrote:Man it's a good thing "Christians" have never persecuted anyone now isn't it? I mean glass houses and all that sort of thing. And I could go into the turning the other cheek being a Christian thing too.

At a minimum we could agree there is no way to tell if what you say is true or just made up.

I provided names dates and locations :lol:
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Mittens wrote:
Fence Sitter wrote:Man it's a good thing "Christians" have never persecuted anyone now isn't it? I mean glass houses and all that sort of thing. And I could go into the turning the other cheek being a Christian thing too.

I provided names dates and locations :lol:

Ironic that the "Christian" chooses to respond to the latter objection when the former is more damning. But then maybe you don't really care about the Christian thing all that much anyways.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Changing »

Why on earth were you talking to Mormon missionaries, anyway? Last time I talked to some was seven years ago, they were apparently sent to me. I told them that they didn't have any reason to want to talk with me. Just leave them alone.
Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

We could tell from their black nametags that these were no ordinary street thugs. Mommy and I were sitting on the veranda at Rancho del Cielo when they approached. Mommy was about to ring for security when I told her to wait. I had faced down many rough hombres when I was filming Death Valley Days. These seemed more like young punks careening from door to door in search of their next thrill. I would put them in their place.

They had no visible weapons, but they could be packing a small arsenal in those backpacks. Of course, they could also be into melee weapons since they carried black helmets. As long as they didn't spot my 10 mm Bonzomatic taped under the table, I could easily get the drop on them. That fast gun training at Warner Bros. would finally pay off.

When they got close enough I said, "Hold it right there young fellows". They stopped and introduced themselves. The names they gave both seemed phony. What is the likelihood the Holtzwenger and Tierney families would both name their children Elder? Mommy spoke up and asked them to state their business. She still had her finger on the button for security.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

moksha wrote:We could tell from their black nametags that these were no ordinary street thugs. Mommy and I were sitting on the veranda at Rancho del Cielo when they approached. Mommy was about to ring for security when I told her to wait. I had faced down many rough hombres when I was filming Death Valley Days. These seemed more like young punks careening from door to door in search of their next thrill. I would put them in their place.

They had no visible weapons, but they could be packing a small arsenal in those backpacks. Of course, they could also be into melee weapons since they carried black helmets. As long as they didn't spot my 10 mm Bonzomatic taped under the table, I could easily get the drop on them. That fast gun training at Warner Bros. would finally pay off.

When they got close enough I said, "Hold it right there young fellows". They stopped and introduced themselves. The names they gave both seemed phony. What is the likelihood the Holtzwenger and Tierney families would both name their children Elder? Mommy spoke up and asked them to state their business. She still had her finger on the button for security.

Brilliant.

Will we ever find out how this little saga ends?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."