New to the Forum

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Re: New to the Forum

Post by _Blixa »

Yes the "maga" has been read as MAGA and the acronym spelled out in both your and Kish's posts.

Why? Is there some board admin obsession with acronyms?
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Blixa wrote: "admin obsession"

Redundant.

:lol:
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Fence Sitter wrote:
Blixa wrote: "admin obsession"

Redundant.

:lol:

I stand corrected.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Tosh
_Emeritus

Post by _Tosh »

Seems I hit a nerve using the term "half breed"...apologies first to those who see the term as offensive. That was not my intent.. But if I may .... For near 30 years I've been a historical re-enactor of the French and Indian War, the Rev War, and Southern Colonials of the New River valley in southwestern Virginia. Know that I've participated in the re-enactments of slave sales at Williamsburg. Plus served as a tour guide of Virginia's historical triangle (Jamestown, Williamsburg, Yorktown). Additionally, I worked as an extra for the film "Last of the Mohicans" (Fort William Henry scenes, as well as the massacre scene). Also, an extra for "The Patriot", my participation here was narrowed to just the Camden, and Cowpens battle scenes. Additionally, I instruct in forest warfare of the 18th and 19th century. My last indulgence in film was a short for Moore's Creek, a pivotal battle that eventually forced Cornwallis into the Carolinas. Thus, when working on and developing a personal, I tend to stay in character even when I shouldn't. Seems that happened here with this project.

Should I in the future use a term that appears offensive, or insensitive just let me know that I need to return to the 21st century. Thanks, and again apologies....
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Blixa wrote:Yes the "Make America Great Again" has been read as Make America Great Again and the acronym spelled out in both your and Kish's posts.

Why? Is there some board admin obsession with acronyms?

It's almost as if someone who moderates this board has a pathological hatred of acronyms and has unwittingly ensured hilarity ensues in the most unexpected ways.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Tosh,

You do not need to apologize. People here can be very blunt.

You asked for input on your book project, so expect some criticism right up front.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Tosh
_Emeritus

Post by _Tosh »

Fence Sitter wrote:Tosh,

You asked for input on your book project, so expect some criticism right up front.

That I understand.... and I'm fairly thick skinned. However, if I do say or imply something which is misinterpreted or perplexing I'm more than willing to provide either an explanation, or an apology. It's the right thing to do .... thanks, and all the best your way ....
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Tosh

When it comes to religion/spirituality, how do you self identify?
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Additionally, I instruct in forest warfare of the 18th and 19th century.
Do you know anything about 15th century roundtable editing? a.k.a. translation, aaka plagiarism?

Alternatively, if mopologists can do it, then I don't see why you can't loan-shift your half breed into one of the three nephites, or introduce necromancy to justify the breeding I mean genealogy.
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Changing »

Fence Sitter wrote:Tosh,

Community critique can make a half-assed attempt at writing into something worth reading. If you are obsessive with it.

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote: It's almost as if someone who moderates this board has a pathological hatred of acronyms and has unwittingly ensured hilarity ensues in the most unexpected ways.

- Doc

'Nuff said. You need to study the Book of Mormon thoroughly for insights into why they did with they did.
Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.