Russell Nelson talks food...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Re: Russell Nelson talks food...

Post by _RockSlider »

It is said it's lonely at the top. Interesting how we think we want to live forever. Man could that turn out bad or what?

I wonder if after one has been Exalted in the Celestial Kingdom and finds themselves miserable if there is an escape clause ... please, give me the potters clay, dissolution/recycle me back into the matter and intelligence pools, throw me back into the clay bin.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Nightlion
In preaching the true gospel of Jesus Christ I have been nothing but a great failure. 48 years and I know of no other willing to forsake the world and come unto Christ and take his name with full purpose of heart. WOW!

Oh, not to worry, God is behind ya's alls the ways! I mean it's perfectly sensical how God called you and yet with-holds the Spirit from everyone else who watches and listens to your prophesyings and scriptural disserationals, so literally, in order that no believes a word you say at all on any topic. I mean......truly...... that God you gots behind ye, he is one smart feller there he is. Most impressive methodology he uses. Give just one man the actual truth, and make it so no one else in the entire whole wide billions of population earth believes any of it. That way God can literally get his revenge and damns thems alls tos hellsies and keeps thems theres so that only you and God can enjoy heaven all to yourselves! What a glorious thing God's Gospel is, so tidy, succinct, employing the very best of Godly logic and evidence. Wow, just wow.

And you still can't seem to grasp it why it makes truly no sense in any manner. But keep on preachin man, God is your reward, all to yourself, and when it is all said and done, only you and He will have the fullness of joy, and all of the universe to fly through and explore. Granted none of the rest of us will be worth spit to talk to, but no worries, God and you can have literally infinite eternal conversations about how great your reward is!

What you are saying then is the majority OUGHT to rule. Not one soul would be lost and surely the science of lies will do it wherefore give it God's honor.

It is highly dramatic that one soul survivor makes it out of this generation. But there have been many generations in the past where a few survived and worlds without number having the same diamonds rare to find. Ought to captivate us forever to regale the many heroics of Universal Saints though only a few billions get made.

You can rejoice, pal, cuz you get to continue to imagine in the darkness of hell how better your way should have been. Just because that would be cheating, no matter cuz you loves da lies.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Nightlion wrote:You can rejoice, pal, cuz you get to continue to imagine in the darkness of hell how better your way should have been. Just because that would be cheating, no matter cuz you loves da lies.

Proves my point how Christian cultists loves to tell others how they're going to hell.

Poor, pitiful, false prophet Nightlion. He's a total failure. Not. A. Single. Convert.

:lol:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Poor Nighwolf cannot fulfill the law of witnesses which is out of the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established. But here we see that Nightwolf is a lone mouth. It's like a barking dog on the side of the road.

Woof, woof.

:lol:
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

I have a question wrote:
“He attacks us through our appetites. He tempts us to eat things we should not eat, to drink things we should not drink, and to love as we should not love.”

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/02 ... llennials/

Russell...What food, specifically, is Satan tempting us to eat that we should not be eating?

I get the feeling President Nelson was struggling to come up with a customary Mormon triptych of things to list in one sentence.

The thing he really wanted to end with was about the "love" thing, but he needed two things to go in front of it. "Drink" was easy, but what should be the third thing?

He decided (lamely) on "eat."

It has no meaning. It is just there to make a list of three that would end with love.

At last that's my takeaway.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

I agree consig. It doesn't even make sense to bring up eating since there's only implied praise for eating freely in Mormonism.

What is interesting is he used the word "love". Have you seen references to "love" being used in the context of sin? Usually wouldn't they say it's lust if HF didn't approve?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

I have a question wrote:https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/02 ... llennials/

Russell...What food, specifically, is Satan tempting us to eat that we should not be eating?

human flesh is the biggest temptation satan uses against us. It's the toughest temptation to overcome I'd say. It's all around us almost all the time.
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Post by _CameronMO »

I have a question wrote:
“He attacks us through our appetites. He tempts us to eat things we should not eat, to drink things we should not drink, and to love as we should not love.”

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/02 ... llennials/

consiglieri wrote:I get the feeling President Nelson was struggling to come up with a customary Mormon triptych of things to list in one sentence.

The thing he really wanted to end with was about the "love" thing, but he needed two things to go in front of it. "Drink" was easy, but what should be the third thing?

He decided (lamely) on "eat."

It has no meaning. It is just there to make a list of three that would end with love.

At last that's my takeaway.

Maybe Rusty is going to be bringing back the January 5, 1982, letter. It talks about loving, drinking, and eating.
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Gadianton wrote:What is interesting is he used the word "love". Have you seen references to "love" being used in the context of sin? Usually wouldn't they say it's lust if HF didn't approve?

Poor old man Nelson. He's living in the past. He doesn't understand the present and is clueless of the future. Mormon seers are blinded by the craftiness of religion.

The only love making Mormon prophets understand is lying in missionary position and beginning each session with an opening prayer.

_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Stem wrote:human flesh is the biggest temptation satan uses against us. It's the toughest temptation to overcome I'd say. It's all around us almost all the time.

Fast Sunday is the worst.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski