?????A New Church Narrative is Being Created????? - Bill Reel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_GameOver
_Emeritus

“A New Church Narrative is Being Created” - Bill Reel

Post by _GameOver »

From another forum ... posted by Bill Reel:

***** NEW CHURCH NARRATIVE IS BEING CREATED *****

I have been made aware by two completely separate sources that the Church has put in motion a 10 or 20 year plan to completely rewrite the narrative of the Church. I am aware of multiple parts of that plan. I will share one below. The Church completely grasping that its narrative and its facts are in complete contradiction with each other, the only choice they have is to follow Richard Bushman's advice that its narrative must be completely reconstructed.

The one item I will share here is Joseph translations including the Book of Mormon. We will in 10 to 20 years no longer articulate these works as translations but as revelations. We will completely let go of seeing Joseph doing anything in the arena of translating but rather that these works were Revelations giving us collectively a lot more leeway in how we can interpret these works. In other words one can choose to not believe historicity and it would be perfectly within their purview.

There are others. And it is far reaching and quite the list. But know as you watch the gas-lighting happen that it is intentional and well thought out. This is a formal plan that has now been put into affect. I can also share that Elder Garret Gong is a major piece of this plan. His intelligence is a direct resource for how this comes to fruition.

MAIN POINT = LDS Church is over the next decade or two creating a new narrative where "translation" will be slowly taken out of the narrative and such articulation will be changed to "revelation". This is being done to give more flexibility and allow some safe space for non-literalism. Elder Gong is a main component. There are other parts of this plan but not sharing those at this time.

- Bill Reel

for those wanting sources, you will simply have to trust that I both receive inside information and that I do my best to ensure I tell the truth about such things.

The Church plans to be a liar and deceiver to the end. Fortunately, the internet will expose them.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Re: “A New Church Narrative is Being Created” - Bill Reel

Post by _Sanctorian »

Ask the Community of Christ how well this plan works for them. They're 20 years ahead of the curve.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Sanctorian wrote:Ask the Community of Christ how well this plan works for them. They're 20 years ahead of the curve.

I've been saying this for years. Amen, bro. Amen.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I swear they read this board for good ideas... We've been saying this is their only option since MDB came online.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

The speech is already written:

“You said such and such, and how is it now that we do such and such?” And all I can say to that is that it is time disbelieving people repented and got in line and believed in a living, modern prophet. Forget everything that I have said, or what President Brigham Young or President George Q. Cannon or whomsoever has said in days past that is contrary to the present revelation. We spoke with a limited understanding and without the light and knowledge that now has come into the world.

We get our truth and our light line upon line and precept upon precept. We have now had added a new flood of intelligence and light on this particular subject, and it erases all the darkness and all the views and all the thoughts of the past. They don’t matter any more.

It doesn’t make a particle of difference what anybody ever said about the ... matter before ... It is a new day and a new arrangement, and the Lord has now given the revelation that sheds light out into the world on this subject.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Wow... If this is true, it's stunning. Have the Mopologists caught wind of this?
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Scratch, you know they will be among the first to jump on board and then will spend years trying to backtrack out of all their Mopologist BS about the Book of Mormon Historicity. It will be... delicious.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Looks like the inevitable Evangelical-izing of the Mormon church is on the covenant path!

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

OK, lets not get our panties in a wad just yet. Everyone knows there really was a real Nephi and he really did take over major cities in Mesoamerica, culturally with his superior knowledge, skills, and revelations, and therefore literal historicity is here to stay....... this really is going to be fascinating to watch take place. I wonder how Moroni will be interpreted/revealed if literal historical goes the way of the apostasy history. You can be sure they will keep the "core doctrines" such as Jesus really did land his flying saucer in America and showed up with pizza and beer for a weeks long party with the dudes who were smart enough to bring umbrellas to ward off the flying lava debris from the volcanoes spitting forth.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

grindael wrote:Scratch, you know they will be among the first to jump on board and then will spend years trying to backtrack out of all their Mopologist BS about the Book of Mormon Historicity. It will be... delicious.

Hmmm. I don't know. I wonder if one or two of them would finally leave the Church if this happens? Some of them seem to have staked so much of their identities--their souls--on the version of the Church that is conservative and insistent upon certain "realities." If these changes occur, this, quite literally, will be an entirely different church--just as they have been saying for decades.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14