Joseph Smith Translation -- Strike Three

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Joseph Smith Translation -- Strike Three

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I have a question wrote:So what the Church claims are...
An extract from the translation of the Bible as revealed to Joseph Smith the Prophet, June 1830–February 1831.

https://www.LDS.org/scriptures/pgp/moses?lang=eng

...and...
An extract from the translation of the Bible as revealed to Joseph Smith the Prophet in 1831

https://www.LDS.org/scriptures/pgp/js-m/1?lang=eng

...are actually two, now-proven-by-BYU, concrete examples of Joseph plagiarising someone else’s work and passing it off as revelation. That’s simply staggering. Elder Pearson’s going to need a bigger black box.

“Elder Cook, why does the Church pass off plageriasm as revelation?”
“Erm, well, you see...there’s this big black box....”

Of course, now this is known, the Church will be amending those paragraph headings immediately and explaining to the members why they’ve been changed. Because that would be the honest thing to do...

Oh no...... it is critics who do not understand. Plagiarism is now also considered a form of revelation, exactly like the burning of the bosom, or the little voices in our heads. One simply includes everything under the umbrella of revelation. The genius is, that the problem is solved without nary a breaking of sweat!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Mormon Think
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormon Think »

For those interested, here's a section on MormonThink that discusses the numerous problems with the JST that many members are not aware of.

http://www.mormonthink.com/jst.htm

Bill
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Adam Clarke obviously had the light of Christ, anti-Mormon n00bs.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Post by _spotlight »

There is one revelation that this people are not generally acquainted with. I think it has never been published, but probably it will be in the Church History. It is given in questions and answers. The first question is, “What is the name of God in the pure language?” The answer says, “Ahman.” “What is the name of the Son of God?” Answer, “Son Ahman—the greatest of the parts of God excepting Ahman.” “What is the name of men?” “Sons Ahman,” is the answer. What is the name of angels in the pure language?” “Anglo-man.”

http://www.mormonstudiespodcast.org/new ... adamic-qa/

etymology:
Son as a word originated before 900 BC; from Middle English sone, Old English sunu; cognate with Dutch zoon, German Sohn, Old Norse sunr, sonr, Gothic sunus, Lithuanian sūnùs ultimately from Sanskrit sūnus

wikipedia

I think that it's wonderful that in part, the pure Adamic language is modern English. Clearly after the (literal) Tower of Babel incident the word son was perverted into these impure forms and now Ahman (Awmen is not a Homophone, just another pure word that means the same thing) is restoring them back to the original form through the instrumentality of Joseph the dog sacrificer as a type of the latter-day restoration of Israel. As well might man stretch forth his puny arm to stop a late night overflow without the aid of a plunger after too many burritos as to hinder the return of the pure Adamic tongue.

Exciting times to be alive brethren (and you too cistern). :razz:
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

What do the initials "M. D." stand for in the M.D. Faber name?
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Post by _spotlight »

SuperDell wrote:What do the initials "M. D." stand for in the M.D. Faber name?

I sent off an email with your query. I'll let you know when they contact me. Some of the book is shared on Amazon though I haven't read the entire book myself. There were some reviews that stated the author is overly wordy. I tend to be too concise so that's not my thing.
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee