Bombshell Mormonleaks Exposes Sexual Abuse Cover-Up

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Bombshell Mormonleaks Exposes Sexual Abuse Cover-Up

Post by _Shulem »

The Catholic church is being rocked with the sexual abuse scandal cover-up.

Pope calls unprecedented meeting of top officials over sexual abuse

The Mormon church will face its own sexual abuse scandal and cover-up but they won't be coming forward willingly and neither will the 15 admit that their leaders have been scum. These are dark days for the Mormon cult. I predict mass defections, bishops resigning, whole wards and stakes losing half their numbers as if overnight.

THE GREAT Mormon APOSTASY HAS ARRIVED.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Craig Paxton wrote:Mean while over on that board that shall not be named...… "crickets"

A spider just posted a thread in the middle of the night.

:lol:

Mormon Leaks document on handling Child Abuse
_lostindc
_Emeritus

Post by _lostindc »

It's one thing for a religion to have wacky beliefs like Kolob, polygamy, WofW, the entire historical narrative, etc. it's another thing when the religion is excommunicating members that speak out in regards to the safety of the youth. This latest leak just threw gas on an already big fire.
2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

lostindc wrote:It's one thing for a religion to have wacky beliefs like Kolob, polygamy, WofW, the entire historical narrative, etc. it's another thing when the religion is excommunicating members that speak out in regards to the safety of the youth. This latest leak just threw gas on an already big fire.

Yes, this dynamic of the ex-Mos using media and the church using its cult system to keep members from listening to the ex-mo media has hit a new level with Sam's actions because everybody who is a decent person hates child abuse. Excommunication isn't going to be as effective for the church this time around (not that it has been especially effective since September 1993). I wonder if Sam will mark the beginning of the end of the retrenchment that began in 2014.

Or will heads of leaders just start to roll? This ex-Mo tidal wave is not going to remain silent.

I suppose the answers to these questions lie in the extent to which the church is involved in major coverup.
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Mormon missionaries admitted to sexually abusing children — but the church didn’t refer them to police: leaked documents

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/Mormon ... documents/

Great headline.

Newly-leaked documents show that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints internally investigated sex abuse allegations against missionaries and a stake president but did not refer them to law enforcement.

KUTV reported that its reporters reached out to Kirton McKonkie and the LDS church but neither responded.
Kirton McConkie actually asked Mormon Leaks to redact the victims names before publication, which validates the document is the genuine article.

The verbose Eric Hawkins strangely silent on this one...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

This is an informative video posted on that so-called "board formerly known as Mormon D&D".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=400&v=-wg4026-WkU
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Aristotle Smith
_Emeritus

Post by _Aristotle Smith »

I have a question wrote:Quiz time...

Elder confessed to sexting with a 15 year old girl in prior to his mission. The girl sent him nude photos.

What should the Church do?

Well done those who guessed "keep him in an area where he can keep offending".

The missionary department is reluctant to send this Elder home to - where he may face prosecution for a felony. His conduct is clearly unlawful in _ , and his Stake President would have a duty to report. The Elder also recently confessed to kissing and some touching with a 15 year old girl in the mission field. It is clear that the Elder needs to go home. Direction?

I'd be interested in knowing who Kirton McConkie are asking for "Direction"...

I think there may be grey area with this case. Since this is prior to his mission, he may still not have reached the age of majority. In that case you have a 17 and a 15 year old sexting. Since they would both be minors, what are you going to do?

In the second case, he's obviously at least 18, meaning he would be an adult and the girl would be a minor. Kissing and petting between an 18 year old and a 15 year old, with no indication of coercion, still seems a grey area. Reverse the genders and nobody would bat an eye and nobody would ever prosecute. Subtract one year from each's age and you are again dealing with minors.

You just can't spin this one to be a case of predation like in the Catholic sex abuse scandals. Sure he should go home and that should probably be the end of it. Horny teenagers doing crap like this seems to be a case of "dog bites man".

There is plenty of other abusive behavior that needs to be called out, no need to overplay every hand.
_Aoife
_Emeritus

Post by _Aoife »

Aristotle Smith wrote:I think there may be grey area with this case. Since this is prior to his mission, he may still not have reached the age of majority. In that case you have a 17 and a 15 year old sexting. Since they would both be minors, what are you going to do?

In the second case, he's obviously at least 18, meaning he would be an adult and the girl would be a minor. Kissing and petting between an 18 year old and a 15 year old, with no indication of coercion, still seems a grey area. Reverse the genders and nobody would bat an eye and nobody would ever prosecute. Subtract one year from each's age and you are again dealing with minors.

You just can't spin this one to be a case of predation like in the Catholic sex abuse scandals. Sure he should go home and that should probably be the end of it. Horny teenagers doing crap like this seems to be a case of "dog bites man".

There is plenty of other abusive behavior that needs to be called out, no need to overplay every hand.

Kirton McConkie doesn't seem to see a "grey area." Their records say the missionary's self-confessed pre-mission behavior was "clearly unlawful" and felonious in nature. They know the ages involved and the applicable laws. So, unless the church sent him home, and lived up to their mandatory reporting requirement, it's a case where the church (at best) knowingly helped a young man avoid prosecution for a confessed felony. At worst, they allowed an adult with a penchant for 15-year-olds (which is illegal in at least one state) to keep at it.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Aristotle Smith wrote:Reverse the genders and nobody would bat an eye and nobody would ever prosecute.

Boy, ain't this the truth. I have nephew-in-law who is 16. His girlfriend is 19. I believe they became an item when he was 15 and she was 18. His parents don't care for her, but to the point, it's obvious to two are fooling around. This is straight up jail if the roles were reversed. I can't wrap my mind around the double standards, and that kid is going to pay the price for people tolerating that relationship.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Aristotle Smith wrote:Reverse the genders and nobody would bat an eye and nobody would ever prosecute.

Boy, ain't this the truth. I have nephew-in-law who is 16. His girlfriend is 19. I believe they became an item when he was 15 and she was 18. His parents don't care for her, but to the point, it's obvious to two are fooling around. This is straight up jail if the roles were reversed. I can't wrap my mind around the double standards, and that kid is going to pay the price for people tolerating that relationship.

- Doc

Society is what it is and more is expected from the BOYS. We boys just have more going for us. We have muscles, testosterone, and are generally more aggressive than girls. That's just nature.

So, when a 19 year old boy gets involved with a 15 year old girl to whatever degree there are a host of red flags that pop up.

But, when a 19 year old girl gets involved with a 15 year old boy to whatever degree there are not as many red flags per sey but it's quite a curious thing to behold. And, with that said, if the girl gets out of line the boy can just bitch slap her. Remember, boys have muscles.

ha ha