Bombshell Mormonleaks Exposes Sexual Abuse Cover-Up

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Bombshell Mormonleaks Exposes Sexual Abuse Cover-Up

Post by _Craig Paxton »

We've known that this goes on but never had the evidence. Now we do.

This internal Kirton-McConkie document details alleged sexual misconduct by Indian Placement Families, Missionaries and at least one Stake President. In each of these cases the church's lawyers provide a short description of the accusation and the legal solution and mostly how they will protect the church. They are so freaking concerned about their cherished public image yet hold a church court for Sam Young.

https://mormonleaks.io/wiki/documents/5 ... Conkie.pdf

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... onkie_doc/
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Tator
_Emeritus

Re: Bombshell Mormonleaks Exposes Sexual Abuse Cover-Up

Post by _Tator »

The next cult press release will likely be that this was all taken care of in November of 2012 so it will never and can't ever happen again, right?

All's well in Zion.

PS Thanx for sharing, Craig.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

MG says these things don't happen. You shouldn't believe what you read on the internet. I have a deep rooted faith in God therefore the church is purrrrrfect.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Here's what the Church says...
Zero-Tolerance Policy
When child abuse occurs, we deal with it immediately and directly. The Church has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to abuse. This means that if we learn of abuse, we take immediate steps to protect the victim and help them with healing. We cooperate with law enforcement to report and investigate abuse. Members found guilty of child abuse are also subject to the laws of God. When someone is convicted of child abuse they face formal discipline from the Church and risk losing their membership in the Church. Even if the individual has not been convicted in a court of law, they may be subject to Church discipline and could lose their membership.

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/ ... oach-abuse

Here is what the Church does...
10/31/12 -
disciplinary council held in the mission determined no action would be taken. The home stake president is also not inclined to take any action. Leaders are working with the victim' s family. We continue to monitor this one.
(from the leaked document where a missionary has sexually abused a victim (8 years old), but no Church discipline, and Kirton McConkie are all over it.)

What the Church says, and what it does, are two entirely different things. Zero Tolerance? Or Cover Up?
Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Quiz time...

Elder confessed to sexting with a 15 year old girl in prior to his mission. The girl sent him nude photos.

What should the Church do?

Well done those who guessed "keep him in an area where he can keep offending".

The missionary department is reluctant to send this Elder home to - where he may face prosecution for a felony. His conduct is clearly unlawful in _ , and his Stake President would have a duty to report. The Elder also recently confessed to kissing and some touching with a 15 year old girl in the mission field. It is clear that the Elder needs to go home. Direction?

I'd be interested in knowing who Kirton McConkie are asking for "Direction"...
Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

I have a question wrote:Here's what the Church says...

Zero-Tolerance Policy
When child abuse occurs, we deal with it immediately and directly. The Church has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to abuse. This means that if we learn of abuse, we take immediate steps to protect the victim and help them with healing. We cooperate with law enforcement to report and investigate abuse. Members found guilty of child abuse are also subject to the laws of God. When someone is convicted of child abuse they face formal discipline from the Church and risk losing their membership in the Church. Even if the individual has not been convicted in a court of law, they may be subject to Church discipline and could lose their membership.

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/ ... oach-abuse

Here is what the Church does...

10/31/12 -
disciplinary council held in the mission determined no action would be taken. The home stake president is also not inclined to take any action. Leaders are working with the victim' s family. We continue to monitor this one.

(from the Wikileaks document where a missionary has sexually abused a victim (8 years old), but no Church discipline, and Kirton McConkie are all over it.)

What the Church says, and what it does, are two entirely different things. Zero Tolerance? Or Cover Up? You decide....

You can clearly see what the church values by what it does. This leak definity shows that the church values its money, its public image and it's reputation What it doesn't value is victims. Again we've known for years that the church took these various cases, threw money at them after getting non-disclousure agreements to protects its image and failed to report these incidences to the police or authorities. Both the LDS Chucch and the Catholics have this in common...they both protect their church and in lack of action tell the victims to go to hell.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

_I have a question
_Emeritus

Craig Paxton wrote:You can clearly see what the church values by what it does. This leak definity shows that the church values its money and its public image and reputation What it doesn't value is victims. Again we've known for years that the church took these various cases, threw money at them after getting non-disclousure agreements to protects its imageand failed to report these incidences to the police or authorities. Both the LDS Chucch and the Catholics have this in common...protect he church and to hell with the victims.

I think you are right. But now it's in black and white for all to see, and Eric Hawkins pointing to the "Zero Tolerance" statement just ain't going to cut it this time. Because that statement is now shown to be a blatant and deliberate lie. Once again the evidence shows the critics were right. For some reason it always does...

It kind of makes it difficult to excommunicate Sam Young, who was trying to encourage the Church to better protect LDS children, when a document surfaces that shows he was absolutely right to call out the leadership for not doing enough. Press will have a field day if they chuck him out now.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I can't wait to read this stuff! Stick it to the church and shut their operation down!

:razz:

:smile:

:twisted:

:evil:

:biggrin:

:lol:
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

August, September and October of one year.

That's a good leak. More will come.....

The Sam Youngs put the church in quite the double bind. "Silencing" them accomplishes the opposite of silencing the issue once press outlets the church has no control over are watching.
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

Its interesting how the church treated two of the cases differently. The sexual predator they protected and did not send home for fear that he would face prosecution for a felony and the missionary who confessed to stealing fast offerings was sent home immediately to face ecclesiastical discipline. Again easy to see what they value most.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.