Eat Your Vitamins MORE revelation is on the way!!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Eat Your Vitamins MORE revelation is on the way!!!

Post by _moksha »

Sounds like President Nelson is preparing to release a number of new revelations.

Prediction: Even if President Nelson says God wants us to create a Quorum of Silly Walks, you can rest assured that Smac and Scott Lloyd will be vigorously arguing how the Silly Walks Quorum represented the will of God and the truth of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_kevensting
_Emeritus

Post by _kevensting »

lostindc wrote:Wtf is he doing?

Isn't it obvious? He's energizing his base.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

I'm seeing a parallel with Joseph Smith. When his power was under pressure, after some failures and a loss of interest in what he was saying, he became increasingly vocal about visions and revelations. It was a mechanism designed to bolster the members impression of him and reinforce the idea that he was special. Nelson is simply self-promoting. Talking himself up, and having his assigned spouse talk him up. But look at what Nelson is actually delivering...much ado about nothing.

He's at the podium, but I don't think all the microphones are switched on.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

I wouldn’t be surprised if he announces that he’s been instructed by God to unseal the ‘Sealed Portion” which was delivered to him by an angel, and he ‘translated’ it using the seer stone from the vault.

I noticed that Aunt Wendy is now touting him as GOD’s PROPHET TO THE ENTIRE WORLD. What a shill.

Fortunately, he’s so old, his days are numbered.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

If he is the prophet for the whole world, why is it all he does is visit Mormons all over the world? They are the only ones who can listen to him.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."