Any guess if Bill Reel?????s Disciplinary Council was recorded?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Any guess if Bill Reel’s Disciplinary Council was record

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Shinster
_Emeritus

Post by _Shinster »

I just listened to Bill’s new episode (this morning) with Infants on Thrones. In it he hunts that he recorded it himself...or at least knows about a recording that may be released after the DC decision is announced.

Consiglieri, how did Infants on Thrones get the first interview with Bill and not you?
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I'm clicking it now!

:surprised:

Norton Rocks!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Shulem wrote:

I'm clicking it now!

:surprised:

Norton Rocks!

Mike Norton

"This place gives me the creeps"

"I'm getting out of here"

"I'll be back"
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

consiglieri wrote:Thank God Mike didn't sign a non-disclosure agreement.

:cool:

I do find it interesting that the church claims that it does not allow courts to be recorded out of its desire to protect the accused and because of their claimed sacred nature of church courts. Bull ____. The reality is that they are protecting their own damn self interests and do not want anyone outside to know how ____ up these courts are in reality. If Norton somehow did record Reel's kangaroo court, the church will just take things up a notch, instituting pat down of all participants, electronic de bugging teams sweeping the rooms and airport level security corridors upon entrance etc. No way do they want their little spiritual group rape parties exposed to the light of day.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Craig Paxton wrote:
consiglieri wrote:Thank God Mike didn't sign a non-disclosure agreement.

:cool:

I do find it interesting that the church claims that it does not allow courts to be recorded out of its desire to protect the accused and because of their claimed sacred nature of church courts. Bull Sh*t. The reality is that they are protecting their own damn self interests and do not want anyone outside to know how F*cked up these courts are in reality. If Norton somehow did record Reel's kangaroo court, the church will just take things up a notch, instituting pat down of all participants, electronic de bugging teams sweeping the rooms and airport level security corridors upon entrance etc. No way do they want their little spiritual group rape parties exposed to the light of day.

The modern age is just killing Mormonism. The church is literally taking it on all sides from every direction. The Internet is destroying the image of the church and more and more members are walking away. Resignations are increasing and spectacular excommunications are taking the limelight and exposing the church for what it is.

Could it be that Mormonism really is in its last days as it tries to figure out how to survive? It wouldn't surprise me to see half of the current membership walk away within the next few years.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I dare the church to try and stop NewNameNoah!

:twisted:

_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

Shulem wrote:[The modern age is just killing Mormonism. The church is literally taking it on all sides from every direction. The Internet is destroying the image of the church and more and more members are walking away. Resignations are increasing and spectacular excommunications are taking the limelight and exposing the church for what it is.

Could it be that Mormonism really is in its last days as it tries to figure out how to survive? It wouldn't surprise me to see half of the current membership walk away within the next few years.

While I would love to see such a scenario play out...I just don't see that ever happening. The church will continue on its merry little way, with ever diminishing converts and growth numbers, retrenching and retreating from areas that it once had a stronger presence in, but I can not envision the complete collapse of the church. There will always be hard core believers.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

Shulem wrote:Could it be that Mormonism really is in its last days as it tries to figure out how to survive? It wouldn't surprise me to see half of the current membership walk away within the next few years.

The church is actively trying to thin the ranks all while maintaining, for PR purposes, the illusion of growth. It's gone from mimicking conservative Protestantism in the 80s and 90s under Hinckley to now following the Scientology model under Nelson. The church views its members the way GM views its workforce--a cost not a benefit. The church has billions in income-generating assets. Its buildings to house members are costs, so growth is really not helpful, especially when the growth is coming among the poorest folks in the world. The church needs its members only to provide the illusion that it's a religion. But it's really just a big business benefiting the extended families of the Mormon royalty.
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Craig Paxton wrote:While I would love to see such a scenario play out...I just don't see that ever happening. The church will continue on its merry little way, with ever diminishing converts and growth numbers, retrenching and retreating from areas that it once had a stronger presence in, but I can not envision the complete collapse of the church. There will always be hard core believers.

But so much can still happen. Who knows what kind of crazy changes President SataNelson is going to make and what kind of legal problems the church will face on a world wide basis? So much yet to happen and I'm hoping for major scandals and apostasy in the top leadership. I'm hoping that the church leadership will fracture and divisions within pit the Quorum of the Twelve against the First Presidency. The First Presidency is dependent on the Twelve in order to survive and regroup. A power play or disagreement between the two could spell certain doom to the reigning party.