Audio of Bill Reel's Disciplinary Council

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Audio of Bill Reel's Disciplinary Council

Post by _I have a question »

Regardless of your circumstances, your personal history, or the strength of your testimony, there is room for you in this Church.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng

Not.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Shulem wrote:You're next, consiglieri.

Oh God. The jowls are shaking. There's a whuppin comin'. :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

Sanctorian wrote:I listened to the entire thing. It brought up all the mixed feelings I had trying to explain these very issues with my local leaders. It’s apparent there is no place in the church for a non literal belief unless you keep quiet. The minute you open your mouth, they kick or push you out.

I’m glad more and more of these events are being recorded. When someone says “that’s not how the church works” we have a record that is in fact how the church works.

You've touched on an important point. This recording does support the reality that Bill wasn't immoral, didn't sin and is being excommunicated for merely exposing the realities within the churches own narrative and for that this recording is helpful.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I have a question wrote:I'm pretty sure the problem relevant to this board is that there is indeed Mormonism.

Oh yeah. That’s why everyone gets along swimmingly in Spirit Paradise. It’s all about Mormonism.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

After reading the transcript, I was very impressed with how Bill put forth his answers...I don't know these people..the SP or CM, but somehow he validated me. My wish for the New Year is that somehow there can be better ways with more openness and compassion in sharing different ideas with tact, and a chance for change so that all who want to be..can find inclusion. But kudos to Bill who was ready...and so many times put the ball in their very difficult court.
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

Craig Paxton wrote:While I'm definitely interested in this...and will definitely listen to the recoding...there is part of me that is disappointed that Bill had any part in this clandestine recording. While I know they held a gun to his head, he did sign a non disclosure agreement. This, in my opinion, undermines his integrety and plays into the churches worldview that we apostates have no integerety and that makes me sad.

I have to agree with you, Craig. It’s obvious he had a hidden mic on him when he signed the NDA. His integrity can also be impugned while he is attacking the integrity of the Church.

Is excommunication a Badge of Honor to these guys? It seems like martyrdom to me. If I was called into a CoL, I would have simply sent them my resignation letter. Done. The End. If I felt a need to verbally interact with them, I would have attended, said my peace, then handed them my resignation. I don’t personally get allowing them to throw me out with a scarlet stain of supposedly righteous rejection, especially in Mormonville, when I could have FIRED them. It appears to be all for show and effect.

To each his own though ....
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

Craig Paxton wrote:
While I'm definitely interested in this...and will definitely listen to the recoding...there is part of me that is disappointed that Bill had any part in this clandestine recording. While I know they held a gun to his head, he did sign a non disclosure agreement. This, in my opinion, undermines his integrety and plays into the churches worldview that we apostates have no integerety and that makes me sad.

Word
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Kishkumen wrote:
I have a question wrote:I'm pretty sure the problem relevant to this board is that there is indeed Mormonism.
Oh yeah. That’s why everyone gets along swimmingly in Spirit Paradise. It’s all about Mormonism.

So go and make your point in Spirit Paradise.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I have a question wrote:So go and make your point in Spirit Paradise.

I do on occasion, thank you. I also think it is worthwhile to make it here. It is my preference to do so, in fact. I could be talking about politics and the underlying principles would be essentially the same.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist