Interesting rules from Facebook Mormon Discussions group

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Interesting rules from Facebook Mormon Discussions group

Post by _Maksutov »

A regular little Celestial Kingdom in cyberspace. By their exclusions ye shall know them.

Description

Our Purpose: As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we want to prepare ourselves for the day of Christ’s return. This group gives us a safe platform in which we discuss the trials, tribulations, prophecies and signs of the last dispensation of which we live in.

Group Guidelines:

1. Banned topics:
--Non-apostolic dreams and visions (such as
Julie Rowe) are not allowed. Related posts will
be deleted.

--Numerology
--Energy healing
--References to mormonprophecy. com
--Teachings of Anthony E. Larson or Chris Nemelka
--Anything widely considered to be false doctrine.
--Topics relating to vaccination

2. The group is for discussion of latter day prophecies in the context of Latter-day Saints theology. Do not add the beliefs of FLDS, RLDS, or other protestant groups such as Denver Snuffer. While the members of those groups are welcome here, only Latter-day Saints doctrine is allowed.

3. Solicitation, swearing, or speaking evil of Latter-day Saints church leaders will not be tolerated and result in your immediate removal. This is your warning.

4. Personal attacks towards one another will also result in your immediate removal.

5. While you are free to voice your opinion about issues that concern you, we welcome it in the context of clearing misunderstandings, not to shake faith or be dogmatic with a hidden agenda.

6. The admins are all unpaid volunteers with families and jobs just like the rest of you, and do not have the time to read every post on every thread. If something concerns you, please report it via the down arrow at the top of the thread. Those who oft challenge authority and push the envelope will likely be removed.

Group Type
Club
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_candygal
_Emeritus

Re: Interesting rules from Facebook Mormon Discussions group

Post by _candygal »

Doesn't leave much interesting to discuss.
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

More like a military, less like a university equals religious Zealots.
I want to fly!
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Is this a new rule development? Or has it always been that way?
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

cwald wrote:Is this a new rule development? Or has it always been that way?

[MODERATOR NOTE: To clarify, Maksutov is talking about some little-known and wholly unrelated "Facebook Mormon Discussions group," NOT to this particular message board you're reading right now.]
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

FLDS and Denver Snuffer are "protestant" groups?

News to me.

RLDS are kind of hybrid at this point, I guess.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Dr. Shades wrote:[MODERATOR NOTE: To clarify

Yeah, I know. I'm not drunk, yet. I was just wondering if this was a new development on that Facebook group or old news. My question still stands.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

And to think, their heaven is going to be this restricted, limited, dull, and unintelligent. It will be an eternity of testimony bearing and little else. Jezus Krist it's nice to not worry about the 12,345,645,787,209,455,241,578,567,940 rules one MUST behave in and live by in order to be God.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

In the early days of the internet, there was a Mormon discussion group where the Moderator’s rule was that no post could be submitted unless it was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Needless to say, the group died immediately.

This Facebook group’s rules sound similar - like Nazi Mormonism from zealots.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

GameOver wrote:In the early days of the internet, there was a Mormon discussion group where the Moderator’s rule was that no post could be submitted unless it was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Needless to say, the group died immediately.

This Facebook group’s rules sound similar - like Nazi Mormonism from zealots.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."