What are the new changes to the Endowments?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: What are the new changes to the Endowments?

Post by _Dr. Shades »

I also note that it wasn't until after Mike Norton expressly promised to never enter a temple again that these changes were rolled out.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_lemuel
_Emeritus

Post by _lemuel »

“All new names will be Russell for men, and Wendy for women”
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Dr. Shades wrote:I also note that it wasn't until after Mike Norton expressly promised to never enter a temple again that these changes were rolled out.

If the list I gave above is correct, I expect these changes have a lot more to do with the Kate Kelly's in the world than they do with Mike Norton
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

THANKS to Mike Norton the temple rites are documented. Had it not been for him all we would have is boring written transcripts and those could be contested or denied. But Mike's videos are conclusive. I wish we had actual video footage of the temple penalties. Fortunately we have what we have. Those videos will forever be on the Internet for the whole world to see. The church can't deny it. It can ignore it but not deny it!
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

This sounds a lot like a Church changing one of it's ordinances after listening to reasons for why temple attendance is reducing.
"It's too long, it's boring, it's repetitious, is misogynistic, it's an unnecessary faff with all the clothing swaps...etc"

Is this a 'correction' like the refutation of the previous Church campaign to propagate the name "Mormon"?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

The church is trimming ugly fat and trying to keep up with the times. But the bottom line is the temple ceremony is a cult rite stolen from the Masons. It's Mormon thievery compliments of Joseph Polygamous Smith. They should just get rid of the whole damn thing. It's sick and disgusting.

I've made lot's of changes to:

SECOND TOKEN OF THE MELCHIZEDEK PRIESTHOOD

telestial forum - over 46,000 views
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Sisters,

You no longer are required to covenant to hearken to your husbands!

:lol:
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Shulem wrote:Sisters,

You no longer are required to covenant to hearken to your husbands!

Sorry, too late! MY endowment was 20+ years ago. Every other visit was and would be for someone else. No red-dos!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Meadowchik wrote:Sorry, too late! MY endowment was 20+ years ago. Every other visit was and would be for someone else. No red-dos!

Listen woman, I don't need some 42 year old chick talking down to me! Slip your veil back on and keep silent! It is not permitted for you to speak in this thread.

Put your slippers back on your feet stink

_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

These changes seem to be reflective of the amount of men leaving the church. Women no longer covenant to their apostate husbands but covenant directly to the church. It’s a play on the changing demographics and is another signal the church is losing on all fronts.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.