Wendy?????s witness, Rusty?????s mantle, twice, whilst absent...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Madison54
_Emeritus

Re: Wendy’s witness, Rusty’s mantle, twice, whilst absent...

Post by _Madison54 »

Well, most of the members I know are eating this up!! They've been literally starved for this kind of action....haha.....

Finally, a Prophet who is receiving revelations again and actually talking about it (and so is his wife :wink: ). Think about the silence when Monson was in. He was a nothing Prophet who did nothing and only told his "feel good" fictional stories. Nelson at least is doing something and the members are excited about that, from what I've seen. It's really comical.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Madison, President Nelson was displaying prophetical prowess even when President Monson was ailing.

Do you remember when during a presentation to young adults in Hawaii that Elder Nelson revealed that the Church policy to boot children of same-sex couples out of the Church can directly through revelation from God?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

Nelson is a “Ghost Hunter”, only he can’t discern the holy from the dead. And neither can his wife. :rolleyes:
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

It might the only way he can get some privacy so he can masturbate. I'm not sure than would qualify as a revelation either.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Wendy, you won’t believe what’s been happening. The Lord has given me detailed instruction on what I am to do

interesting considering every prophet since Joseph Smith has been leading the church by detailed instructions. why would any prophet post-restoration be surprised by standard operations of God's one and only true church for nearly two centuries?

It's not just that he's on a well-worn path, but he's been around prophets leading the church by detailed instruction for decades. He's had the truth of and manner of church guidance burned into his soul since he was a child. He's like 90+ right? He's been a prophet and seer nearly half his life i'm guessing, and fraternized with dozens of other prophets and seers day in and day out getting detailed revelations for their stewardships, and he's shocked by the fact he's now getting instruction on what he's supposed to do?

"Wendy, you won't believe what's been happening. I put this cup of cold water in the microwave and now it's boiling!"

I think we all know what this means. He really doesn't buy into any of it. He's doubted it his whole life, and now he's gotten farther than just about anyone will ever get and if there's ever a time he might get revelation it's now -- and and -- "I think I might have felt something! Yeah, It's happening, it's really happening! (I think...)"

what a loser.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Only in Mormonism could someone get away with saying they were a "witness" by being "absent."

How does one "witness" something by being "absent"?

It is absolute nonsense, but treated as if it were weighty testimony.

There is something about this that seems to sum up Mormonism, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

consiglieri wrote:Only in Mormonism could someone get away with saying they were a "witness" by being "absent."

There is something about this that seems to sum up Mormonism, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Yeah.

A 90 year old wakes up in the middle of the night because he had a “sensation” he needed to wake up for some reason, assigns that sensation to God confirming that what he was thinking of doing is the what God wants, and his wife can confirm that’s what happened because she wasn’t there.

It’s like the makers of South Park are writing the Nelsons scripts...

“Yes your honour, I can confirm he was the person who robbed the bank because I wasn’t there.”
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Nelson is certainly upping the ante on nonsense. Keep it up buddy. Your antics only drive people to disbelief and then to the sordid history that justifies their disbelief in your so-called prophetic utterances or feelings.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

I have a question wrote:
consiglieri wrote:Only in Mormonism could someone get away with saying they were a "witness" by being "absent."

I wonder if Rusty can take revelation notes with one hand while he is trying hard to pee at 2am with the other: "lord you saying something about water? water is good? water is necessary for life ? oh i hear you now: "water is dripping down my pajama leg" Thank you ,Lord!

Wendy- i got another one, come back to bed!
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Madison54 wrote:Well, most of the members I know are eating this up!! They've been literally starved for this kind of action....haha.....

Mormons must be weird. This is the kind of action in a bedroom that they are eating up? [sigh]
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov