Wendy?????s witness, Rusty?????s mantle, twice, whilst absent...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Wendy’s witness, Rusty’s mantle, twice, whilst absent...

Post by _I have a question »

Sister Nelson recounted personal and shared experiences with her prophet-husband in the 13 months since the passing of his predecessor, President Thomas S. Monson, and President Nelson’s sustaining as the Church’s leader. She also acknowledged the personal confirmation she received — twice — of his mantle.
:eek:
https://www.thechurchnews.com/leaders-a ... rael-48971

She also shared her witness of him receiving inspiration and revelation — often in the middle of the night, sometimes while she is in the room with him and other times when she leaves him to be alone. “I am a witness of being present, and I am a witness by being absent, that the Lord indeed instructs His prophet....
Anyone knows what that means?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Re: Wendy’s witness, Rusty’s mantle, twice, whilst absent...

Post by _Meadowchik »

Oh the mental gymnastics we weave....

A feeling is not fact.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

I expect the "absent" part has to do with the story she tells about being prompted to get out of the bedroom in the middle of the night so her husband could have a private and extended tete-a-tete with the Creator of the Universe.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I have a question wrote:
Sister Nelson recounted personal and shared experiences with her prophet-husband in the 13 months since the passing of his predecessor, President Thomas S. Monson, and President Nelson’s sustaining as the Church’s leader. She also acknowledged the personal confirmation she received — twice — of his mantle.

She also shared her witness of him receiving inspiration and revelation — often in the middle of the night, sometimes while she is in the room with him and other times when she leaves him to be alone. “I am a witness of being present, and I am a witness by being absent, that the Lord indeed instructs His prophet....

It means come snow or shine, Mormons will continue to be gaslighted... Jesus cares vastly more for his own name than he does for people and continues to let the world suffer for its own good, because were he to actually use his powers of healing through Rusty, it would show too much love and would weaken the people, therefore, disease, pain, and death continues to be the Lord's holy, loving program. It's not suffer the little children to come unto me, it is just let the little children suffer (1,000,000 literally starve to death every year in the world)/ Jesus broke bread and created wine for a few people in his own day, but the world now is of no consequence to God's plan.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

I have a question wrote:

Just so I understand this, is she saying he wakes up in the middle of the night, and then wakes her up and makes her leave their bed and bedroom, so he can journal?!
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Although she said that sometimes she remains close to him when this process is happening, sometimes she does not. She recounted a night in January when “I got the prompting, ‘move out of bed now.’”
“Two hours later he emerged from the room. ‘Wendy, you won’t believe what’s been happening. The Lord has given me detailed instruction on what I am to do.’”
https://www.calledtoshare.com/2018/08/2 ... f-bed-now/

Answering my own question, apparently he does.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

It's all too sacred to talk about but they can't help themselves, sound silly and then have to hide behind "sacred" again.
All this convenient sanctity. Emphasis on the "con".
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Lemmie wrote:
Although she said that sometimes she remains close to him when this process is happening, sometimes she does not. She recounted a night in January when “I got the prompting, ‘move out of bed now.’”
“Two hours later he emerged from the room. ‘Wendy, you won’t believe what’s been happening. The Lord has given me detailed instruction on what I am to do.’”
https://www.calledtoshare.com/2018/08/2 ... f-bed-now/

Answering my own question, apparently he does.

She sat outside the bedroom for two hours in the middle of the night?

“Two hours later he emerged from the room. ‘Wendy, you won’t believe what’s been happening. The Lord has given me detailed instruction on what I am to do. Oh, hi Sheri...'"
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Maksutov wrote:It's all too sacred to talk about but they can't help themselves, sound silly and then have to hide behind "sacred" again.
All this convenient sanctity. Emphasis on the "con".

Too "sacred" to talk about? Then Joseph Smith must be burning in hell for having profaned the sacred experiences by proclaiming them openly.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

Rusty: Wendy be alert , I am heading for a revelation tonight!

Wendy: Why does HF always contact you at night? i have not slept for a week of Sundays. Can you tell him to try to reveal sh+t to you during daylight hours and in the temple so i can get the furniture dusted?

Rusty: Now remember Wendy we are sealed for eternity so you better watch what you are saying about me confronting HF and dictating when he should reveal sh#t to me.

Wendy: by the way who are you getting revelations from- HF, JC or HG?

Rusty: that is a very good question since the thoughts in my mind don't come with a "Rusty this is HF and i have some sh*t for you"?

Wendy: are you telling me your SH+t thoughts could be coming from anywhere-like that pepperoni pizza you ate or from something you read in the Ensign or Church News? If that is the case then you better keep the sh^t to yourself until you get confirmation and know who is giving those thoughts to you-could be Satan you know; and by the way I'm moving back in the bedroom and if you get some inkling of a revelation then get your ass out of bed and go in the kitchen.

Rusty: Damn i know i shoulda married Sherri!!

k