CNN Article On Mormon Name Change

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

CNN Article On Mormon Name Change

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Why the Mormon Church Changed its Name

When the message comes in the dark of night, Russell Nelson reaches for his lighted pen and takes dictation from the Lord. "Okay dear, it's happening." Nelson tells his wife Wendy. "I remain quiet and soon he is sitting up in bed writing. "One such morning Nelson emerged from the bedroom waving a yellow notebook. "Wendy, you won't believe what's been happening for two hours", she recalled Russell Nelson saying. "The Lord has given me detailed instructions on a process I am to follow."

So when will these instructions be added to the canon?

I can see why the faithful get excited about all of this, after all they have spent most of their lives explaining why the current or even past prophets never claimed to receive direct revelation from God. Given the impact Nelson's approach is having on millennials and even others within the Church, I think it won't take too long for many of them to wish for the days when the prophet slept soundly though the night.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: CNN Article On Mormon Name Change

Post by _Shulem »

:lol:

Stupid Mormons! Suckers, simple as that.

President NelSatan wrote:One of the things the Spirit has repeatedly impressed upon my mind since my new calling as President of the Church, is how willing the Lord is to reveal His mind and will."

We see how "willing" the Lord is to reveal revelation seeing how long it took him to reveal that blacks should finally get the priesthood.

Yeah, right. We see.

NelSatan, you're a fraud. You're a liar too.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stupid Mormons!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Nelson has been forceful in his rejection of the "Mormon" nickname, saying it offends God and represents "a major victory for Satan." He made a similar argument in 1990, when he was a church leader, but was apparently rebuffed by superiors.

Asked about the apparent contradiction -- why would previous Mormon prophets reject what is now apparently God's will? -- church spokesman

It won't be long before the next Church President throws NelSatan's sorry ass under the bus to be crushed along with the rest of the dead prophets.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Nelsatan wrote:Prophets see ahead. They see the harrowing dangers the adversary has placed or will yet place in our path. Prophets also foresee the grand possibilities and privileges awaiting those who listen with the intent to obey

Right, how many of the prophets succeeding Joseph Smith looked ahead and saw Kimball giving blacks the priesthood?

Riiiiiiiight.

I get it now. Mormon prophets look ahead. But they don't see anything. The're not really SEERS. They are blinded by their own craftiness and grandeur thoughts of self delusion living in the moment pretending to see the future.

:twisted:

I rebuke you, Nelsatan, in the name of Satan!

_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

In other news, baptisms down among CNN viewers and disaffection up for the Mormon members who view CNN.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Exiled wrote:In other news, baptisms down among CNN viewers and disaffection up for the Mormon members who view CNN.

Additionally, NewnameNoah has posted the changes to the Mormon temple ceremony on youtube https://youtu.be/7VOb0XNjdXE
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

Fence Sitter wrote: - I think it won't take too long for many of them to wish for the days when the prophet slept soundly though the night.

Nelson & Co. started this nonsense late last year. As far as I know, it was first noted on this board, with the above graphic, in early January.

The real Church of Jesus Christ has acknowledged the infringement, but doesn't seem to be in a position, or of a mind, to take meaningful action (at least that we know of).

So, are we now to believe that the Mormon God has really told Nelson to steal the name of another faction of the Mormon Church?

Are the faithful now to believe that the name God told Joseph Smith to give his Church , the one that had the true, restored and everlasting gospel, was all a big mistake?

The CNN story paints a picture of a senile and clearly delusional old man, one who attained his high position through nothing more noteworthy than longevity. This man and his apostolic cabal are making fools of themselves, as well as of their faithful followers.

Re-branding is what corporations do when they are in trouble, so why should we be surprised?

What a joke.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Is anyone else wondering why God has to wake up His prophet in the middle of the night to talk to him?
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

As the video demonstrated, faithful former Mormons do not mind the extra effort of saying, "I'm a member of Even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints". It is simply one of the burdens of being an extra righteous and much-persecuted people.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace