New Name Noah's Brother

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Servant
_Emeritus

Re: New Name Noah's Brother

Post by _Servant »

Shulem wrote:
Servant wrote:I guess you don't believe the Lord, right? If I was you, I'd read a few books on the proof of the Resurrection of Christ. If Christ did overcome death, "baby," then you might also believe he's coming back. I'm an Anglican, and we don't talk about "rapture," and that sort of thing, other than reciting that Christ will come again in the Apostles' and Nicene creeds. He will come again for you, either when you die, or when he physically returns. There's a DVD on Amazon about Jesus' resurrection - go ahead and order it, and start to weigh the evidence for it. As for me, I believe in Him, and know He will wind up earthly affairs one day. But I have no idea of when He will, or exactly how. Try to use your brain and not your emotions. It really helps to have critical thinking skills, something I know Mormons or former Mormons have real trouble with.

I don't need or want Jesus in my life. I don't like the Bible. I don't like the Bible god.

No thank you.

Well, I think you do have a spiritual hunger, which is why you are on this site. If you've been burned by Mormonism and its lies, you are yet another in a long, long list of those who have been horribly hurt by Joe Smith and company. I won't say any more, other than to suggest you do as I suggested, and consider the facts. If you reject the resurrection, then there's nothing more I have to say - but if you come to examine the evidence for Christ's resurrection, then I believe you will want to know more about this man, Jesus. May the Lord lead you.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Servant wrote:Well, Smilies, I think you do have a spiritual hunger, which is why you are on this site. If you've been burned by Mormonism and its lies, you are yet another in a long, long list of those who have been horribly hurt by Joe Smith and company. I won't say any more, other than to suggest you do as I suggested, and consider the facts. If you reject the resurrection, then there's nothing more I have to say - but if you come to examine the evidence for Christ's resurrection, then I believe you will want to know more about this man, Jesus. May the Lord lead you.

Thank you for your suggestions but I'll pass on Jesus and his blood atonement. I have a complete different belief system that entirely rejects a need for a Jesus.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Servant,

Your explanation fails to explain the sentence. Recall that you wrote:

Servent wrote:Frankly, I don't really like many Mormons for that very reason = after having lived with them so long in the southwest, I know how they operate.

For a little more context:

Servant wrote:they are wrong to follow a man who took sexual advantage of teenage girls behind his wife's back. Frankly, I don't really like many Mormons for that very reason

Your claim originally was that you don't like Mormons because they follow a man who took sexual advantage of teenage girls behind his wife's back. Since most of them are unaware of this, it's a little odd that you'd feel this way, but nevertheless this is what you claimed. Then you drew upon a mathematical operator, which is a little unusual, an equal sign, and set your claim that you don't like Mormons because of their founder's deviancy equal to "after having lived in the southwest with them" you know how they operate. I can't for the life of me understand what you're trying to say. Your attempt to explain yourself made no sense. Would you please try again?

Sanctorian wrote:Hey Servant, you sound like a piece of crap

I wouldn't say that, I think many things are likely true here: Mormons are good people, Mormons can be exclusive in extremely annoying ways, and Servant is probably also a good person. There is likely a bad interaction going on here.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Post by _JLHPROF »

Servant wrote:This is a copy of a post I posted on a Mormon site:

Now you can kick me off of here as soon as I'm finished, since Mormons are pretty much cowardly and spineless, and they can't handle it when a smart grandmother tells them the truth.

However, if you care to, you can come to the site I administer on Facebook (Christianity and Mormonism Compared) and voice your opinion, just as long as it isn't nasty.

Your double standard is impressive. Hypocrisy at its best.
Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. - Joseph Smith
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Savant, whatever you believe in...whatever your Lord and Christ is to you, it certainly hasn't brought you any peace.

I hope find it.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

candygal wrote:Savant, whatever you believe in...whatever your Lord and Christ is to you, it certainly hasn't brought you any peace.

I hope find it.

As for the critical comments, best point so far.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Servant
_Emeritus

Post by _Servant »

krose wrote:Never mind.

Not at all. I work to inform people about Joseph Smith and his lifestyle. And I'm pretty good at it. That's a big threat to Mormons. The cult stands or falls with him. I detest the fact that the cult tries to undermine the Christian missionaries in Africa for instance where I have had family members doing missionary work. The Mormons come in and spread doubt and draw away the uninformed. You can call it whatever you want to krose. You have a right to your opinion, but not your own facts.
_Servant
_Emeritus

Post by _Servant »

candygal wrote:Savant, whatever you believe in...whatever your Lord and Christ is to you, it certainly hasn't brought you any peace.

I hope find it.

And you have peace candygal? You're over here trying to defend Mormons and what they do? That's not peace, that's something else. Peace is in Jesus Christ, not in our own persons. Mormons have another "jesus" and that "jesus" gives no peace at all, only mindless submission as people are boiled slowly in the cauldron of heresy, like the frog who could have easily jumped out of the pot, but did not - and ended up as dinner. Save it for somebody else, I've had lots of Mormons say the same when I've posted about Smith or Young, or the cult. It's one of their favorite tools - "you attack Mormonism so you can't possibly have peace." They say the same type of thing to Mormons who leave and then work against the cult - "you can't leave the Church alone." Tell you what, candy, I am commanded to do what I do by Jude. Go and read his epistle.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Servant
_Emeritus

Post by _Servant »

JLHPROF wrote:
Servant wrote:This is a copy of a post I posted on a Mormon site:

Now you can kick me off of here as soon as I'm finished, since Mormons are pretty much cowardly and spineless, and they can't handle it when a smart grandmother tells them the truth.

However, if you care to, you can come to the site I administer on Facebook (Christianity and Mormonism Compared) and voice your opinion, just as long as it isn't nasty.

Your double standard is impressive. Hypocrisy at its best.

Well, then ask your administration to take it down. I think it's important for you people to be aware what is going on in the world of "Mormon apologetics."
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Servant wrote:Well, then ask your administration to take it down. I think it's important for you people to be aware what is going on in the world of "Mormon apologetics."

We don't do that here. I'm not sure you even know which forum you are posting to? Hypocrisy and condescending Christians are welcome here.

PS, Servant, I mean this in the nicest kind of way, but you really need to use hard returns in your post. Using paragraphs makes it way easier to read and follow a discussion.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson