New Name Noah's Brother

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Servant
_Emeritus

New Name Noah's Brother

Post by _Servant »

This is a copy of a post I posted on a Mormon site:

I have no interest in this forum per se, however I'd like to share with Mormons some of the things that have been done by Mormons to those who oppose them (and I'm not talking about MMM). Mormons are always screaming about persecution, blah, blah, blah. However, what about the things Mormons do on the internet. I posted on CARM for many years, addressing a number of cults, and also Anglicanism (I'm an Anglican). As an Anglican, I'm used to dealing intellectually with issues, and when it comes to Mormonism, my opinion has always been cut off the snake's head and the body will die. Joseph Smith is the allegorical "head" of the cult, and I have always strived to present Smith as he really was: a peodphile, a false prophet, a serial adulterer, a sexual groomer of young girls, a liar par excellance, a plagiarizer (of Spalding's manuscript), a real estate swindler......you get my point, right? Joseph Smith was a snake, and his cult founded on his lying, worthless tall tales is an enemy of Christ. Now you can kick me off of here as soon as I'm finished, since Mormons are pretty much cowardly and spineless, and they can't handle it when a smart grandmother tells them the truth. However, if you care to, you can come to the site I administer on Facebook (Christianity and Mormonism Compared) and voice your opinion, just as long as it isn't nasty. So here's what I'd like you to know. While posting on CARM I had some very bad experiences. First off, the Mormons took my personal information and posted it publicly - name, address, church, etc. This was obviously a form of intimidation. Of course, I don't scare easy, as I'm from NM and nobody could get to our place unless they went through a pack of dogs and my husband's eagle eye (he was an officer in Viet Nam). After my husband died, however, one of the Mormons on CARM suggested that I "might" have had a husband - he goes by the name of JUSTALURKER, and still posts over there. I know his name too, but won't publicly post it. Something pretty nasty to do to someone who was just widowed. Then, later on, this same JUSTALURKER (who is a convert to Mormonism from a secular Jewish background) posted a libelous statement about me saying I had been asked to leave a Calvary Chapel. I couldn't believe my eyes! My husband enjoyed CC, and we went there before he passed away. Also, I'm a very good friend of the pastor (who is also on Facebook). I was pretty much in shock over this libelous statement, and contacted CARM and asked if it was possible to post a cease and desist notice to this clown, Justalurker. I was then promptly banned forever from CARM, obviously due to that request. No notice was sent to me as to the reason however - so much for being a faithful poster for Matt Slick. I have since formally resigned from there, and don't encourage anybody to go to that site. However, today I learned that more disgusting invective has been focused on me and others who posted, or who presently post, on CARM - and this was in a blog put up by Oceancoast, the brother of New Name Noah who is always being castigated by Mormons. Here is a link: http://carm-expositor.blogspot.com/2016 ... .html#more

Now I've challenged NNN's brother who put up this blog to a debate, and he can find me on the Facebook site mentioned above. Since your site claims to be for freedom I wanted to send this to you guys so that you can know what is going on, and how Christians who engage in apologetics can expect to be intimidated and verbally abused and attacked by Mormons who are too uninformed to respond intellectually, and resort to this kind of vituperation and verbal abuse. How would you like to wake up one morning and find yourself the victim of some Christian who resorted to the cowardly stuff this Norton fellow did to me and others? Also, does NRA-Jeff post here? He also posts on CARM and he knows in his heart that I'm telling the truth about this attack. In fact, one time a "Christian" named Russ threatened to expose Jeff's real name and I told Russ that was a mean and sinful thing to do - so this is the kind of payback I get for helping a Mormon. I hope you people can see that Mormons are not the wonderful people they claim to be, and that they should remember the warnings in Scripture about persecuting widows.

Have a nice day! Catherine Aurelia (servant on this site)
Last edited by Guest on Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Re: New Name Noah's Brother

Post by _cwald »

delete

Haha! I missed this very important part of your post. I thought you had gone crazy.

This is a copy of a post I posted on a Mormon site

Last edited by Guest on Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Have you got any responses yet? Perhaps you should link to the site you posted on?
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

That was one adorable rant, Servant. I wish you the best, but from this vantage point, you sound like a bully who got challenged by another bully. I have no idea what this has to do with us, or what you'd like to see done about it. But I will add, it's pretty silly to condemn a people based on the actions of one.

my mommies a sweet Mormon who might give you a new perspective on Mormons and whose good or nice. But then again I have no desire to put a bully on her...so have a good one.
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

Servant ~ Did we interact on CARM once? Could be I'm confusing you with someone else though.

I've known since my teens that Matt Slick's behavior is about as un-Christian as "Christians" come.

I'm sorry to hear about the doxing. Mormon apologists have a bad tendency towards doxing and personal attacks. A couple years back, we actually had one of them on here trying to make it seem like me finishing my master's degree and a college certificate as a single mother was a bad thing. He kept on trying to smear me with stuff like "you had bad credit in your 20s!" or "you said something insensitive on a blog once 10 years ago and apologized for it!" (The hunt for "dirt" on me has not gone very well, apparently.)

I'm also sorry about your husband's passing.

That blog is disgusting. I guess we know now that terrible behavior just runs in the NNN family. I wouldn't let it bother you too much though; I'm guessing your real name isn't "Catherine Aurelia," plus the whole thing is obviously written by someone who is mentally ill.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Servant
_Emeritus

Post by _Servant »

Stem wrote:That was one adorable rant, Servant. I wish you the best, but from this vantage point, you sound like a bully who got challenged by another bully. I have no idea what this has to do with us, or what you'd like to see done about it. But I will add, it's pretty silly to condemn a people based on the actions of one.

my mommies a sweet Mormon who might give you a new perspective on Mormons and whose good or nice. But then again I have no desire to put a bully on her...so have a good one.
Apostle, I hope you come to Christ one day.

I have always made it my policy not to make PERSONAL comments about the Mormons posting over there. I do know things about them, however, but I stick to doctrine. If knowing a lot about Mormonism and the personal history of its founder is "bullying," I guess I'm a bully. I'm just posting this here in the hope that he'll see it or some of his friends will. The site where I originally posted has to preview posts before posting them, so I doubt that will get through. I have posted it on Facebook. I find, personally, that Mormons operate on a lower ethical level than Christians - and when they have no answers (in this case about Smith) they become the kings and queens of "ad homs" because they know they are wrong to follow a man who took sexual advantage of teenage girls behind his wife's back. Frankly, I don't really like many Mormons for that very reason = after having lived with them so long in the southwest, I know how they operate. Strangely, though, my best friend down there was a Mormon, and I led her to Christ on her death bed. But, as far as apologetics goes, they are way out of their league when dealing with informed, educated Christians. I don't remember a Ms. Jack on CARM. Maybe another site?

MsJack wrote:Servant ~ Did we interact on CARM once? Could be I'm confusing you with someone else though.

I've known since my teens that Matt Slick's behavior is about as un-Christian as "Christians" come.

I'm sorry to hear about the doxing. Mormon apologists have a bad tendency towards doxing and personal attacks. A couple years back, we actually had one of them on here trying to make it seem like me finishing my master's degree and a college certificate as a single mother was a bad thing. He kept on trying to smear me with stuff like "you had bad credit in your 20s!" or "you said something insensitive on a blog once 10 years ago and apologized for it!" (The hunt for "dirt" on me has not gone very well, apparently.)

I'm also sorry about your husband's passing.

That blog is disgusting. I guess we know now that terrible behavior just runs in the NNN family. I wouldn't let it bother you too much though; I'm guessing your real name isn't "Catherine Aurelia," plus the whole thing is obviously written by someone who is mentally ill.
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

Servant wrote:I don't remember a Ms. Jack on CARM. Maybe another site?

I didn't post there much. I was a moderator there for a brief period in 2000, when I was 18. After claiming to care about me, Slick quietly kicked me off of the moderation team without ever having a conversation with me about it and ghosted me. He's not good at adult-ing.

I attended BYU as an evangelical and was married to a Mormon from 2003-2014. At one point, some of my blog posts came up and the residents of CARM began attacking me personally, so I posted there a bit to defend myself. But I was banned without comment or warning in less than a day. At least the threads attacking me were shut down.

I am re-married now to a Christian. Got my MA from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and am starting a PhD there soon.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I have always made it my policy not to make PERSONAL comments about the Mormons posting over there. I do know things about them, however, but I stick to doctrine. If knowing a lot about Mormonism and the personal history of its founder is "bullying," I guess I'm a bully. I'm just posting this here in the hope that he'll see it or some of his friends will. The site where I originally posted has to preview posts before posting them, so I doubt that will get through. I have posted it on Facebook. I find, personally, that Mormons operate on a lower ethical level than Christians - and when they have no answers (in this case about Smith) they become the kings and queens of "ad homs" because they know they are wrong to follow a man who took sexual advantage of teenage girls behind his wife's back. Frankly, I don't really like many Mormons for that very reason = after having lived with them so long in the southwest, I know how they operate. Strangely, though, my best friend down there was a Mormon, and I led her to Christ on her death bed. But, as far as apologetics goes, they are way out of their league when dealing with informed, educated Christians.

You sound like a bigot to me.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_krose
_Emeritus

Post by _krose »

Never mind.
"The DNA of fictional populations appears to be the most susceptible to extinction." - Simon Southerton
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

Servant wrote:I have always made it my policy not to make PERSONAL comments about the Mormons posting over there. I do know things about them, however, but I stick to doctrine. If knowing a lot about Mormonism and the personal history of its founder is "bullying," I guess I'm a bully. I'm just posting this here in the hope that he'll see it or some of his friends will. The site where I originally posted has to preview posts before posting them, so I doubt that will get through. I have posted it on Facebook. I find, personally, that Mormons operate on a lower ethical level than Christians - and when they have no answers (in this case about Smith) they become the kings and queens of "ad homs" because they know they are wrong to follow a man who took sexual advantage of teenage girls behind his wife's back. Frankly, I don't really like many Mormons for that very reason = after having lived with them so long in the southwest, I know how they operate. Strangely, though, my best friend down there was a Mormon, and I led her to Christ on her death bed. But, as far as apologetics goes, they are way out of their league when dealing with informed, educated Christians. I don't remember a Ms. Jack on CARM. Maybe another site?

Thank you for coming to our board and sharing your judgement and bitterness.