Joseph Smith was not a polygamist

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Joseph Smith was not a polygamist

Post by _peacemaker »

Joseph Smith was a holy man and only practiced spiritual plural marriage. The prophet did "raise up seed" by having many spiritual children in the Lord. The doctrine of spiritual children is found in the Bible. Paul tells the Corinthians "I became your father through the gospel" 1 Corinthians 4:15. Paul referred to both Timothy and Titus as his "spiritual" sons 2 Tomothy 1:2, Titus 1:4. You blind anti-Mormons need to see the light. Repent!
_reflexzero
_Emeritus

Re: Joseph Smith was not a polygamist

Post by _reflexzero »

No Anti-Mormons here, because that word is a victory for Satan.
Just us Anti-Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

If Peacemaker is correct it is a brutal indictment of the Brighamite branch of the church.

However the opposite has been extensively documented I understand even Josephs wife's branch of the church has realized Joseph had multiple wives.

I have heard that in some minds the carnal knowledge attested to by those wives consisted of a shared bowl of chile con carne.
I actually find the point of view which thinks that arrangement is an exoneration of something very difficult to understand.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

peacemaker wrote:Joseph Smith was a holy man and only practiced spiritual plural marriage. The prophet did "raise up seed" by having many spiritual children in the Lord. The doctrine of spiritual children is found in the Bible. Paul tells the Corinthians "I became your father through the gospel" 1 Corinthians 4:15. Paul referred to both Timothy and Titus as his "spiritual" sons 2 Tomothy 1:2, Titus 1:4. You blind anti-Mormons need to see the light. Repent!

Let's supposed this is true and the so-called marriages were purely spiritual. Not to say I agree, but even so what would that actually mean?

The evidence is clear, whatever you want to call it he was doing it primarily without his lawful wife's knowledge. And once she found out she was angry as holy hell. Suppose you found out your spouse was forming a spiritual relationship with someone else, say an old flame on Facebook or the like. Maybe even raising up spiritual seed, wink, wink.

You cool with that? You believe your God would be cool with that or even command it behind your back?
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

You come across as either a nut-job or a troll, but your level of intellect and maturity reveals that you are just a kid.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Even if the plural marriages were only spiritual, he used coercion to do it. He violated girls and women by telling him they must attach themselves to him or risk spiritual death for themselves and their families. That alone is deeply harmful immoral.
_tapirrider
_Emeritus

Post by _tapirrider »

He was an adulterer.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Hilarious! Keep em' coming. Ol' Holy Jo and the Peacemaker! :lol:

AN EXTRACT
FROM A MANUSCRIPT
ENTITLED
THE PEACE MAKER,
OR THE
DOCTRINES OF THE MILLENNIUM:
BEING A TREATISE ON RELIGION
AND JURISPRUDENCE
OR A NEW SYSTEM OF RELIGION AND POLITICS
-------------
FOR GOD, MY COUNTRY, AND MY RIGHTS
BY UDNEY HAY JACOB,
AN ISRAELITE, AND A SHEPHERD OF ISRAEL
NAUVOO, ILL.
J. SMITH, Printer
http://www.2bc.information/pdf/PeaceMaker.pdf
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_lostindc
_Emeritus

Post by _lostindc »

GameOver wrote:You come across as either a nut-job or a troll, but your level of intellect and maturity reveals that you are just a kid.

He's entertaining us. Some will say he's a troll but I would say that he reflects your average believing Mormon message board poster.
2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

peacemaker wrote:Joseph Smith was not a polygamist

How about Brigham Young? Did he like girls? How many girls did he knock up?

How about John Taylor the criminal on the run? Did he like young babes?

:lol: